Re: Calendar Printing Assistant

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Jan 31, 2008, 3:20:53 PM1/31/08
its copying each appointment twice on the print out?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:
dailytips-sub...@lists.outlooktips.net

EMO-NEWSLETTER-S...@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM

"divejoe" <div...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Trying to use Calendar Printing Assistance but the program is downloading
> the
> calendar daily inputs twice on the same page. It's doing the same for all
> the shared folders that I have access to.
> Program is not flexible enough to let me make any adjustments.
> Any solutions for this?
> Thanks in advance!

divejoe

Jan 31, 2008, 3:32:00 PM1/31/08
yes indeed and frustrating. It's also showing some the shared calendars
twice on the right hand side window (under calendars and tasks).

divejoe

Jan 31, 2008, 3:45:01 PM1/31/08
diane,
after reviewing every appointment, I see that not all of them are shown
twice. however most of them are.

divejoe

Jan 31, 2008, 3:55:06 PM1/31/08
diane,
it's not copying the recurring appointments twice, just the single
ocurrences.

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Jan 31, 2008, 3:55:42 PM1/31/08
are you sure you don't have these appointments duplicated somewhere?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

EMO-NEWSLETTER-S...@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM

"divejoe" <div...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

divejoe

Jan 31, 2008, 5:02:01 PM1/31/08
i was able to move the calendars to a shared location and it is not
duplicating the appts anymore....BUT now it's not showing all the appts. The
recurrent ones seem to be missing and as well some others.

JohannVA

Feb 1, 2008, 8:59:01 AM2/1/08
I have been experiencing this same issue with CPA for a while now when used
in an Exchange Environment. The person's personal calendar will print fine,
as well as any recurring meetings on shared calendars. However, for some
reason the single appointments will all print duplicates. I've gone into the
.catx templates and it isnt due to the templates, its actually something to
do with the way that CPA is pulling in the data from Outlook. Any advice
would be appreciated.

Thanks

Daniela

Mar 21, 2008, 5:05:01 PM3/21/08
Diane:
what was the outcome of this discussion? I just installed the Assistant and
it is a nightmare...showing duplicate appt., plus when I am trying to print
it print 2 or 3 copies of the same page/month.
Also, I don't really need to print week-ends, and if I would be able to
remove them, it will allow a better view of the other appts.
Please help!
Daniela

cjg.g...@gmail.com

Mar 28, 2008, 2:17:34 PM3/28/08
On Mar 21, 5:05 pm, Daniela <Dani...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Diane:
> what was the outcome of this discussion? I just installed theAssistantand
> it is a nightmare...showingduplicateappt., plus when I am trying to print

> it print 2 or 3 copies of the same page/month.
> Also, I don't really need to print week-ends, and if I would be able to
> remove them, it will allow a better view of the other appts.
> Please help!
> Daniela
>
> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
> > its copying each appointment twice on the print out?
>
> > --
> > Diane Poremsky [MVP -Outlook]
> > Author, Teach YourselfOutlook2003 in 24 Hours

> > Need Help with Common Tasks?http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
> >Outlook2007:http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>
> >OutlookTips by email:
> > dailytips-subscribe-requ...@lists.outlooktips.net
>
> >OutlookTips:http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> >Outlook& Exchange Solutions Center:http://www.slipstick.com
> > Subscribe to Exchange MessagingOutlooknewsletter:
> > EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQU...@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>
> > "divejoe" <dive...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Trying to useCalendarPrintingAssistance but the program is downloading
> > > the
> > >calendardaily inputs twice on the same page. It's doing the same for all

> > > the shared folders that I have access to.
> > > Program is not flexible enough to let me make any adjustments.
> > > Any solutions for this?
> > > Thanks in advance!

If anyone has a fix for this, please do post it here. I have the same
problem using Outlook 2007 SP1 with CPA SP1 in a hosted Exchange
environment. Local PST calendars work fine, but Exchange calendars
duplicate non-recurring events. Recently, I've been seeing non-
recurring events TRIPLE.

My work around is this:
Open Calendar Printing Assistant. In Outlook, open an Exchange
calendar that you want to print. Create an event. Wait a bit (a
superstition, allowing the system to update). Delete that event.
Wait a bit again. In CPA, the non-recurring events are no longer
duplicated. Repeat this for every calendar that you want to print
(ie: if you're printing with overlay).

This works in Office 2007 RTM (original release) and SP1. I am going
to try and call Microsoft for this. I've deployed Outlook 2007 to all
my staff and learned/deployed Exchange 2007 from scratch to get
calendar overlay printing, and it "Just Doesn't Work".