Outlook .tmp file

duncan...@gmail.com

Jul 24, 2012, 3:04:43 PM7/24/12
Outlook 2007 crashed and shut-down. When I tried to re-open it, one of my .pst files wasn't there. I looked in the folder where I have my .pst files, and the one that won't open is showing as a .tmp file. The .pst file is 0 bytes in size, but the .tmp file looks as though it's the right size. I'vee tried loading the .tmp file directly into Outlook, but that doesn't work. I've tried renaming the .tmp as a .pst, and loading that. That doesn't work either. I've even tried running it through ScanPST, but this tells me that the file isn't a valid .pst file.

So, it's a simple question. Can I get the file, and subsequently my e-mails back?

Duncan

Marshal Hubs

Jul 26, 2012, 2:55:04 AM7/26/12
Dear Duncan,

The .tmp file automatically created when you are working with Outlook. It is just a copy of PST file which stores data temporary. In case your outlook got crashed due to any error then it is possible that you may lose the data saved in .tmp and .pst file. Your PST file shows 0 bit data size it means your data is completely lost form PST file. So there is no chance to recover email from PST file.

But if you are working with Exchange Server, than you have option to recover email from OST file So try to find OST file at this location:

Windows 7 and Windows Vista drive:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook
Windows XP drive:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

Now if you have found OST file than it is very easy to recover your email back from the OST file with the help of Stellar Phoenix Convert OST to PST Software, It helps to convert OST file data into PST file and you can easily access the PST file data from your Outlook. You cannot directly import OST file data through Outlook so It is necessary to convert OST to PST so that you can import the data easily. http://www.stellarinfo.com/exchange-ost-recovery.htm Hope you will find this solution perfect to resolve your problem.

Bob Maria

Jul 26, 2012, 3:29:50 AM7/26/12
Kernel for OST to PST conversion is the user-friendly easy to use recovery tool. The tool can recover orphan, corrupt or lost OST files and save them in PST, EML, DBX or MSG format quickly. The tool is meant for everyone, that is, thanks to its interactive screens and easy GUI even a novice computer user can recover his OST files. The tool effectively recovers permanently deleted emails as well.
for more details - http://www.convertosttopstfree.com

krisdonaldo

Aug 16, 2012, 11:22:21 PM8/16/12

--

______________________________________
Posted from http://outlook-center.com

vikram

Feb 7, 2013, 3:55:10 AM2/7/13
krisdonaldo wrote on 08/16/2012 23:22 ET :
> Bob Maria wrote:
>> Kernel for OST to PST conversion is the user-friendly easy to use recovery
>>

> tool. The tool can recover orphan, corrupt or lost OST files and save them in
> PST, EML, DBX or MSG format quickly. The tool is meant for everyone, that is,
> thanks to its interactive screens and easy GUI even a novice computer user can
> recover his OST files. The tool effectively recovers permanently deleted
> emails as well.
>> for more details - http://www.convertosttopstfree.com
>> More now here:-http://www.systoolsgroup.com/convert-ost-to-pst.html
>>

> ______________________________________
> Posted from http://outlook-center.com
> Outlook forums, articles, tips.

You can try official website of Microsoft
http://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/OST-to-PST-41a8949c

anoop....@gmail.com

Sep 21, 2016, 3:01:03 AM9/21/16
Hi Duncan,

So sad that you lost your OST files in Outlook 2007 during accessing it as PST file. Don't be feel bad because now you can recover and access your OST data into MS Outlook without any error.
I recommend you to use ZOOK OST to PST Converter which efficiently converts your any OST file into PST without any data loss. It has multiple functionalities which helps you to recover your corrupted data.

For More Info: http://www.zooksoftware.com/ost-to-pst/
or You can also try this: https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/OST-to-PST-Converter-784e6302

keith92...@gmail.com

Oct 14, 2017, 6:22:03 AM10/14/17

For the large bunch of Outlook PST files, You have to go for some OST to PST Recovery Tool. If you have no idea or still confuse which one to go for, then you may try EdbMails OST TO PST Converter. The OST to PST Converter Tool exhibit some of the unmatchable features.

Some of its Features are

- Repairs Corrupted OST files
- Ultra-fast export of mails from OST to PST
- Allow Saving of OST files in different Format

https://www.edbmails.com/pages/ost-to-pst-converter-for-ost-to-pst.html
Message has been deleted

dwanes...@gmail.com

Jan 30, 2018, 6:24:52 AM1/30/18
Download OST to PST Converter Software to repair as well as to convert OST file into an Outlook PST format with all its emails, messages, contacts, calendars, appointments and other data items. OST Converter application also instruct user save their file in various other file format such as MSG, DBX , EML, MBOX and Archive after conversion. https://www.downloadfreeware.org/ost-pst-converter/

alina...@gmail.com

Mar 5, 2018, 8:02:46 AM3/5/18
SHINE EDB to PST Converter Software successfully recovery of exchange EDB file and restore exchange EDB file to PST Outlook file, EML, MSG, HTML and EMLX format along with emails, contacts, calendars, task, notes and appointments. EDB to PST Conversion Software perform to restore exchange file with maintains emails formatting and properties.

Read more:- http://www.shinerecovery.com/

Julie Joseph

Mar 21, 2021, 2:14:09 AM3/21/21
Get this instant solution of OST file to PST file converter to recover OST, scan OST file and convert OST file to PST file data instantly. Program can smartly import OST file to Outlook PST, Office 365, Zimbra, MBOX, EML, EMLX, MSG, VCF, ICS & HTML File.

More Info :- https://www.jsltools.com/ost-to-pst-converter.html