Outlook crashes when I attempt to empty the deleted items folder

LeeSpruce

Aug 13, 2009, 5:47:01 PM8/13/09
I am unable to empty the deleted items folder by any method. Has anyone
encountered this problem and is there a solution?

DL

Aug 13, 2009, 6:15:11 PM8/13/09
You might try an outlook repair, and with OL closed scanpst.exe the data
file repair tool

"LeeSpruce" <LeeS...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

VanguardLH

Aug 13, 2009, 6:23:59 PM8/13/09
LeeSpruce wrote:

> I am unable to empty the deleted items folder by any method. Has anyone
> encountered this problem and is there a solution?

Did you turn off the Preview pane for that folder?

Same happen if you load Outlook in its safe mode ("outlook.exe /safe")?

Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

Aug 14, 2009, 4:22:50 PM8/14/09
"LeeSpruce" <LeeS...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>I am unable to empty the deleted items folder by any method. Has anyone

> encountered this problem and is there a solution?

If you hold Shift when you try to delete any of those messages does it work?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]