Deleted Outlook profile by mistake - help!

Jon

Oct 12, 2009, 4:25:01 PM10/12/09
I accidentely deleted an Outlook profile and now although I can get the pst
file to view emails, I have lost all the login info for my email accounts.
Therefore, I figure I need to somehow recover the deleted profile, right?

How can I do this? What is the file extension for profiles or are they
registry entries? If registry entries, can I import or copy and paste a
backup reg entry or something? Do I need data recovery software?

Thanks!

Jon

Gordon

Oct 12, 2009, 4:29:41 PM10/12/09

"Jon" <davesm...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

By the time you had typed and posted, and I had replied, you could have
re-entered your account data in the new Outlook profile....

Jon

Oct 12, 2009, 4:34:38 PM10/12/09
Yes, but I can't remember all the emails, pop info, passwords etc. There are
quite a few of them.

"Gordon" <gordon...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Phoenix

Oct 12, 2009, 4:37:01 PM10/12/09
Your .pst files should still be there.

1. From the Control Panel, open the Mail applet
2. Click the Add button to create a new profile; enter your login into
the name field for the new profile and click OK
3. Ensure that your email address is correct in the E-Mail Address field,
then click Next
4. Click Finish
5. Close the Mail window and re-launch Outlook
6. If you store mail locally in a Personal Folders File, you will want to
re-add those to your view by the following procedure:
1. Click File
2. Choose Open
3. Click Outlook Data File
4. Use the dialogue to open the appropriate .pst file

Hope this helps!

Jon

Oct 12, 2009, 4:47:40 PM10/12/09
Are you saying that this will recover my profile or just set up Outlook with
my pst file? I need to recover the actual profile since I have many email
accounts linked to it and I don't have all the passwords etc for them. I've
already got Outlook setup so I can view my emails, but its the login info
that I need too. So that is why I am asking to recover the profile data.

"Phoenix" <Pho...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Gordon

Oct 12, 2009, 4:57:12 PM10/12/09

> Are you saying that this will recover my profile or just set up Outlook
> with my pst file? I need to recover the actual profile since I have many
> email accounts linked to it and I don't have all the passwords etc for
> them. I've already got Outlook setup so I can view my emails, but its the
> login info that I need too. So that is why I am asking to recover the
> profile data.

Mail account info is not held in the pst file, it's in the Registry AFAIK.
Whether a System Restore to a point prior to when you deleted the Profile
would restore these entries in the Registry I'm not qualified to say...

Phoenix

Oct 12, 2009, 4:58:02 PM10/12/09
It will rebuild your profile and link to your old .pst (profile).

Gordon

Oct 12, 2009, 5:06:33 PM10/12/09

"Phoenix" <Pho...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Gordon

Oct 12, 2009, 5:07:25 PM10/12/09

"Phoenix" <Pho...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> It will rebuild your profile and link to your old .pst (profile).

Err no. The Mail PROFILE is completely different to the pst file. The pst
file has NO profile information in it.

Jon

Oct 12, 2009, 5:36:10 PM10/12/09
System Restore fixed it. Thank you. :)

"Gordon" <gordon...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Gordon

Oct 12, 2009, 5:40:49 PM10/12/09

> System Restore fixed it. Thank you. :)

YW!

Message has been deleted

Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

Oct 13, 2009, 10:07:04 AM10/13/09

> Yes, but I can't remember all the emails, pop info, passwords etc. There are
> quite a few of them.

Contact the mail service provider you were using.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

Oct 13, 2009, 10:07:51 AM10/13/09
"Phoenix" <Pho...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Your .pst files should still be there.

PSTs aren't profiles. You're response doesn't apply.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

Oct 13, 2009, 10:08:49 AM10/13/09
"Jon" <davesm...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> How can I do this? What is the file extension for profiles or are they
> registry entries? If registry entries, can I import or copy and paste a
> backup reg entry or something? Do I need data recovery software?

They're registry entries. You could use a system restore point to restore
your system to a date prior to the deletion.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

wangdong

Dec 9, 2009, 3:12:17 AM12/9/09
Make sure your pst files was all right? if not, you can try a tool
called Advanced Outlook Repair. You can download a free demo version
at http://www.datanumen.com/aor/aor.exe . I think it is a useful
repair tool for you. It is easy to recover your PST file by using its
wizard. It is a powerful tool to recover messages, folders and other
objects from corrupt or damaged Microsoft Outlook PST files.

Detailed information about Advanced Outlook Repair can be found at
http://www.datanumen.com/aor/

Wangdong

JNPT

Jan 30, 2010, 6:32:01 AM1/30/10
As far as corrupt .pst file is concerned, I heard about release of new
version of popular outlook pst repair software. The s/w provides 100% preview
of all recoverable pst file items and count of all items in individual
folder. which could help you to evaluate the software.
http://www.repair-outlook-pst.com/

"wangdong" wrote:

> .

VanguardLH

Jan 30, 2010, 1:47:19 PM1/30/10
JNPT spammed his site:
<snipped the spam>

Spammer pukes again in Usenet about his site. If he has to spam it then it
is avoidware.