Errors occurred while archiving, see Deleted Items folder error message in Outlook '03

John S. Sapyta.

Apr 21, 2008, 11:00:22 PM4/21/08
Hey all,

I have friend who keeps getting this error message in Outlook '03 "Errors
occurred while archiving, see Deleted Items folder" when he checks the
deleted items folder, it's empty.

So do you guys have any suggestions. comments or whatever for me to help him
fix
this problem?

John S. Sapyta.

Apr 22, 2008, 11:59:59 PM4/22/08
Anyone have any suggestions for me.. come on now.

"John S. Sapyta." <jsa...@cox.net> wrote in message

Roady [MVP]

Apr 25, 2008, 8:06:50 AM4/25/08
Just for kicks, right click the folder and choose "Empty Deleted Items
Folder" in both the original and the Archive pst-file.
Then close Outlook and run scanpst.exe on both pst-files and see if it comes
up with anything.

Also verify that you are archiving to a pst-file in the same format. So if
your main pst-file is a UNICODE pst-file, verify that your archive pst-file
is also a UNICODE pst-file.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

John S. Sapyta.

Apr 28, 2008, 1:08:57 PM4/28/08
message news:053828D9-8BC8-46E9...@microsoft.com...

> Just for kicks, right click the folder and choose "Empty Deleted Items
> Folder" in both the original and the Archive pst-file.
> Then close Outlook and run scanpst.exe on both pst-files and see if it
> comes up with anything.

Which folder, Inbox or deleted items folder? And what if there isn't a
option
in the right-clicking meu?

As for Archive post file, I'm not even sure if I setup the archiving right.

> Also verify that you are archiving to a pst-file in the same format. So if
> your main pst-file is a UNICODE pst-file, verify that your archive
> pst-file is also a UNICODE pst-file.

How can I tell if I'm using the same format?

John S. Sapyta.

May 11, 2008, 11:45:17 PM5/11/08
Hey Roady,

I'm still waiting on you or other MVP's to answer my reply to you.