right click anywhere in message body shows signature option

Nariman

Mar 21, 2010, 3:24:01 AM3/21/10
right click anywhere in message body shows signature option instead of edit
option.

I am not sure how to explain this but I will try in hope someone will be
able to help.

Open a new email to write. You know how in the body of an email message
there are a few lines empty and then there is the signature. Sometimes I am
typing an email and I need to right click on the text to do something and I
get the signature right click option. Basically Outlook thinks that the email
message that I have typed is all in the signature section of the page. I try
to scroll up to even the very first line but OL still considers the whole
message body to be a signature.
This does not happen always but sometimes and I am not sure what steps I
take to produce that. It is certainly not happening when I start a new
message, type it and send it. It happens when I do a lot of editing and
saving of the message and re-editing.
I hope this makes sense and someone can help.
Let me know if I need to clarify what I said any more.

Thanks

NR

Roady [MVP]

Mar 21, 2010, 6:20:12 AM3/21/10
Yes, this happens because somewhere in your editing you have moved your
cursor into the signature area and you've probably hit ENTER a couple of
time to create some writing space. You're now actually typing in the
signature area and not longer in the message area.
Also see http://www.msoutlook.info/question/124

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/