Re: Importing my Personal Address Book from Lotus Notes into Outlook

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Jan 2, 2006, 9:40:08 PM1/2/06
Start by posting a more accurate description of what you did.
You cannot possibly save an entire address book as a VCF file.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"RANDLE" <RAN...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've tried to save my Notes Address book as a VCF file and Import it into
> Outlook - for some reason I can only view the last record from the Notes
> Address book once I've imported it. I'm exporting from Notes 6.5. I've
> got
> a lot of records, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Karl Timmermans

Jan 3, 2006, 1:56:39 AM1/3/06
If your VCF file contains multiple contacts - you'll need a 3rd party
product to handle that. One such product that includes this capability in
their feature list is available from
http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/Vcard-Converter.asp.
Another is available from:
http://vcard4outlook.4team.biz/?page=http://www.outlook4team.com/download.asp?catID=3.
Have no personal experience with any of them.

Karl

Karl Timmermans - The Claxton Group
ContactGenie - Importer 1.3 / DataPorter 2.0
"Power contact importers for MS Outlook '2000/2003"
http://www.contactgenie.com

Trish Sutter

Feb 9, 2006, 4:25:27 PM2/9/06
Russ,

I must correct you, IBM Lotus Notes, V 6.x does permit you to export your
entire address book into a single VCF file. It is a very nice and convenient
feature for moving personal address books around between different software,
computers and phones.

There are consultants who must do so...
--
Regards,

Trish Sutter, PMP

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Feb 9, 2006, 5:04:37 PM2/9/06
OK.
Then you cannot save all your Outlook Contacts as a single VCF file, nor can
you import such a file into Outlook.
Just curious. Is Outlook the only PIM program that doesn't support exporting
all Contacts to a single VCF file and that can't import VCF files?
It's probably wise to see what file types Outlook can import before creating
a file for that purpose.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Trish Sutter" <Trish...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Dakr@discussions.microsoft.com The Dakr

Jul 31, 2006, 10:43:01 PM7/31/06
Karl, this reply is great. I used the first plugin and have already
recommended it to others. Thank you!

BtLW

Jan 3, 2007, 1:46:00 PM1/3/07
Please let me know how to export the LN address book to this file format. I
am running outlook 2002 and Notes 6.5.

Thanks
--
BtLW

Athila

Sep 14, 2007, 1:14:00 AM9/14/07
Thanks Karl, I used the Sperry one and worked perfect for LN 6.5 and Outlook
2007

Emmaabram

Apr 16, 2019, 1:08:00 AM4/16/19
Better NSF to PST Exporter software which can easily Convert Lotus Notes all emails, Address book, items, folders, into Outlook PST Format.This software offer multiple saving options to save the recovered database objects in PST, MSG, EML file format.

More Info :- http://www.nsf.topstconverter.com/