Import .vcf into Contacts

Kevin

Nov 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/21/00
I accidentally changed the default launch of .vcf so that it now opens
address book. I would prefer that it perform the default action of creating
a new contact. How can I reset to that action?

TIA Kevin

Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]

Nov 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/21/00
Change the default Address Book program here: Control Panel > Internet
applet > Programs tab

"Kevin" <kevin...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Kevin

Nov 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/22/00
Thanks Vince - that is already set to Outlook. I also changed the launch (in
properties) of .vcf to launch outlook. It now does so, with the .vcf as an
attachment to an email. That is not right.... Other thoughts?
"Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" <vi...@omegageek.com> wrote in message

Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]

Nov 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/22/00
Do you have the right command line in for the Outlook launch? The command
line should look something like this:
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OUTLOOK.EXE" /v "%1"

"Kevin" <kevin...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Kevin

Nov 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/22/00
We are getting closer - I got the error "The command line argument is not
valid. Verify the swtch you are using", so I checked for command line
switches in help. I used the command line .../outlook.exe /c ipm.contact %1

It opens the contact dialog with the vcf as an attachment....

arggghhh - other ideas?

TIA - Kevin

Is there a reference for command line switches?

"Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" <vi...@omegageek.com> wrote in message

Kevin

Nov 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/22/00
If I drag a vcf file onto the contacts icon, it works correctly. Hope that
tidbit helps...

Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]

Nov 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/22/00
What version of Outlook are you using?

"Kevin" <kevin...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Kevin

Nov 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/27/00
Hi Vince - hope you had a good T-day - sorry for the delay in my response.
OL 2K. SR-1

"Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" <vi...@omegageek.com> wrote in message

Kevin

Nov 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/30/00
Vince? Hello? Any New Information?

Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]

Nov 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/30/00

I just re-read the thread, where did you use the IPM.Contact part of the
command line? In the registry you should have a command line for opening VCF
files that looks like this:

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OUTLOOK.EXE" /v "%1"

Actually you could even enter that command line in a DOS box (replacing %1
with the file name of a VCF file) and it should work

> Vince? Hello? Any New Information?

Madison

Mar 5, 2019, 12:39:22 AM3/5/19
vCard Export Import software is found to be highly in demand by the users to import VCF to Outlook and to export VCF from outlook in an easy and trouble-free manner. vCard Export Import Tool as it is highly tested by the experts before presenting before the users. A safe and smooth result is gained by the software. To know the software more clearly, you can test a free version of the software and know the software in a better manner.
More Info :- https://www.completeconverter.com/outlook-vcf-export-import/