SCOM with 3rd party certificates

Peter

Jul 13, 2008, 9:24:00 PM7/13/08
We are establishing SCOM as a managed service for some of our clients.
Is anyone using 3rd party certificates for SCOM to SCOM/Gateway
communications, (eg. verisign, entrust) rather than MS CA?
If so, what certificates are you using to meet the authentication
requirements?
Does this cert appear suitable?
http://www.entrust.net/ssl-certificates/advantage.htm

Thanks,
--
Peter

Rob Kuehfus (MSFT)

Aug 6, 2008, 3:56:38 PM8/6/08
I can tell you we support the use of third party certs like VeriSign. We
recommend the use of Microsoft Certificate Services. Setting a valid cert
with third parties is complicated. There is about 20 fields (OID, name,
etc)that need to filled out correctly for this to work. It may be easier to
send one of these third parties and example and ask them if they can
generate this.

--

Rob Kuehfus
System Center Operations Manager

-------------------------
-------------------------

"Peter" <Pe...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

michaelwaid

Mar 18, 2010, 5:07:17 PM3/18/10
Hi-

Is there any documentation on how to make Entrust certs work with SCOM? There is very little out there on this and I have to imagine other people have to use 3rd party certs. Does it make a difference which type of Entrust cert you use?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Michael

Rob Kuehfus \(MSFT\) wrote:

I can tell you we support the use of third party certs like VeriSign.

06-Aug-08

I can tell you we support the use of third party certs like VeriSign. We
recommend the use of Microsoft Certificate Services. Setting a valid cert
with third parties is complicated. There is about 20 fields (OID, name,
etc)that need to filled out correctly for this to work. It may be easier to
send one of these third parties and example and ask them if they can
generate this.

--

Rob Kuehfus
System Center Operations Manager

-------------------------
-------------------------

"Peter" <Pe...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

On Sunday, July 13, 2008 9:24 PM
Pete wrote:

SCOM with 3rd party certificates

We are establishing SCOM as a managed service for some of our clients.
Is anyone using 3rd party certificates for SCOM to SCOM/Gateway
communications, (eg. verisign, entrust) rather than MS CA?
If so, what certificates are you using to meet the authentication
requirements?
Does this cert appear suitable?
http://www.entrust.net/ssl-certificates/advantage.htm

Thanks,
--
Peter

On Wednesday, August 06, 2008 3:56 PM

Rob Kuehfus \(MSFT\) wrote:

I can tell you we support the use of third party certs like VeriSign.
I can tell you we support the use of third party certs like VeriSign. We
recommend the use of Microsoft Certificate Services. Setting a valid cert
with third parties is complicated. There is about 20 fields (OID, name,
etc)that need to filled out correctly for this to work. It may be easier to
send one of these third parties and example and ask them if they can
generate this.

--

Rob Kuehfus
System Center Operations Manager

"Peter" <Pe...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

File-Based Cache for Web and non-Web Apps plus Extend ASP.NET 4.0 OutputCacheProvider
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/56161e9e-7fa3-48e8-9dfe-9f7a28f4d58e/filebased-cache-for-web.aspx