Rollback during Reporting Server Installation

S. Baro

Sep 4, 2007, 11:32:05 AM9/4/07
Hello,

we have implemented a central SQL 2005 Cluster which hosts the Ops Manager
DB and the DataWarehouse DB. The MOM 2007 Root Management Server is also
clustered and works fine.

Now i want to install a stand alone MOM 2007 Reporting Server which causes
some trouble. All systems are englisch and 64-Bit. The Reporting Services on
the standalone server works fine and the prerequisite check of the MOM 2007
setup for the Reporting component succeds.

When i follow the setup procedure all seems fine until the end when the
setup performs a rollback. I reviewed the official MOM 2007 Deployment Guide
but no hint for my problem.

The last setup status i see is:

--> Creating the SRS Data Source
--> Roll Back

Do we have a permission problem in the sql cluster ?
Or how can i analyze / trace the problem ?

Thx in advance
S. Baro

S. Baro

Sep 5, 2007, 12:26:02 PM9/5/07
The Setup ends at "Registering the data warehouse ..."

The Logfile shows the following (I blanked the names with "ABC" so dont
wonder) :

RegisterDatawarehouseCA: Reporting Server Url is: http://ABC:80/ReportServer
RegisterDatawarehouseCA: Report Root Folder Name is: //
RegisterDatawarehouseCA: MyReports Folder Name is: /My Reports
RegisterDatawarehouseCA: Main Database Server Name is: ABC\ABC
RegisterDatawarehouseCA: Main Database Name is: OperationsManagerDW
RegisterDatawarehouseCA: MOM Server is: ABC.ABC.ABC
RegisterDatawarehouseCA: MOM Server FQDN is: ABC.ABC.ABC
RegisterDatawarehouseCA error: The sdk service is either not running or not
yet initialized..
StackTrace: at
Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.DataAbstractionLayer.SdkDataAbstractionLayer.HandleIndigoExceptions(Exception ex)
at
Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.DataAbstractionLayer.SdkDataAbstractionLayer.CreateChannel(TieredManagementGroupConnectionSettings managementGroupTier)
at
Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.DataAbstractionLayer.SdkDataAbstractionLayer..ctor(DuplexChannelFactory`1
channelFactory, TieredManagementGroupConnectionSettings managementGroupTier,
IClientDataAccess callback, CacheMode cacheMode)
at
Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.DataAbstractionLayer.SdkDataAbstractionLayer.CreateEndpoint(ManagementGroupConnectionSettings
connectionSettings, IClientDataAccess clientCallback)
at
Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.DataAbstractionLayer.SdkDataAbstractionLayer.Connect(ManagementGroupConnectionSettings connectionSettings)
at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ManagementGroup..ctor(String serverName)
at
Microsoft.Reporting.Setup.ReportingManagedCAs.DiscoverDataWarehouse(String
reportingServerUrl, String reportRootFolderName, String myReportsFolderName,
String mainDatabaseServerName, String mainDatabaseName, String machineFQDN)
at
Microsoft.Reporting.Setup.ReportingManagedCAs.RegisterDatawarehouseCA(Session
session)
Action ended 18:01:30: InstallFinalize. Return value 3.
MSI (s) (4C:64) [18:01:30:610]: User policy value 'DisableRollback' is 0
MSI (s) (4C:64) [18:01:30:610]: Machine policy value 'DisableRollback' is 0
MSI (s) (4C:64) [18:01:30:626]: Executing op:
Header(Signature=1397708873,Version=301,Timestamp=925208397,LangId=1033,Platform=589824,ScriptType=2,ScriptMajorVersion=21,ScriptMinorVersion=4,ScriptAttributes=1)
MSI (s) (4C:64) [18:01:30:626]: Executing op: DialogInfo(Type=0,Argument=1033)
MSI (s) (4C:64) [18:01:30:626]: Executing op:
DialogInfo(Type=1,Argument=System Center Operations Manager 2007 Reporting
Server)
MSI (s) (4C:64) [18:01:30:626]: Executing op:
RollbackInfo(,RollbackAction=Rollback,RollbackDescription=Rolling back
action:,RollbackTemplate=[1],CleanupAction=RollbackCleanup,CleanupDescription=Removing backup files,CleanupTemplate=File: [1])
Action 18:01:30: Rollback. Rolling back action:

Ok it seems to be an error with the SDK Account. This user is a normal
domain user account. Any hint how to solve the problem or where to check this
user ?

Thx in advance
S. Baro

S. Baro

Sep 5, 2007, 1:00:00 PM9/5/07
Where does the SDK Service needs local administrator rights ?
On the RMS Cluster, the SQL Cluster and the Reporting Server ?

Giovanny

Sep 5, 2007, 2:46:06 PM9/5/07
Hi S.Baro

1. SDK Account y Actions Accont needs local administrator rights in both
Servers

2. I can see that the install is being kicked off by the user
"Domain\UseActionAccount", but then the install actually runs and checks
files under the "NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM" account. Which may not have rights to
the server. Can you make sure that AD computer object for RMS is in the local
Administrator's group on SQLCluster? Also, do the reverse and make sure that
the AD computer object for SQLCluster is in the local Administrator's group
on RMS?

3. In the Active Directory User's and Computers tool, expand your Domain, go
to Built-in, and go to properties of the "Windows Authorization Access
Group", and make the two computer accounts RMS and SQLCluster, as well as the
user account "Domain\UseActionAccount members of that AD Built-in group.

Neale Brown

Sep 7, 2007, 11:52:55 AM9/7/07
Hello S. Baro,

Looks like the server you are using for reporting cannot contact the SDK
server on your RMS. Is that service running on your RMS?

Also, what version of SQL reporting is installed? Is it AMD64, ia64, or x86?

Neale Brown, MCSA(Messaging)
Contributor, SystemCenterForum.org
URL:http://www.systemcenterforum.org
mailto : nealeb AT gmail.com

Trip

Sep 10, 2007, 7:08:02 AM9/10/07
This was giving me a problem to. I created a group in AD, added the SCOM
accounts, the RMS machine account, the SQL machine account and the account i
was installing the application with. i dont know if you need all those,
thats just what i added since i had nothing to go on. Add that group to the
Operations Manager Administrators groups via the Operators Console in the
User Roles. Builtin\Administrators was already there, but for some reason it
wasnt liking that. that me know how it works out.

r/Trip

Mike

Oct 1, 2007, 8:31:03 AM10/1/07
Hi @all,

i have the same problem. After a complete successful installation of the
reporting server - the system makes a automaticly rollback. (SDK Account does
not have enough rights)... Temporary i`ve add the sdk account to the domain
admins group... no way. We are using two servers - one for RMS and the other
for the database. Both servers are running on 64bit

Jorge Sitoe

Nov 23, 2010, 7:41:00 AM11/23/10
I have the some problem any one have solution for this,
Thanks.