Install SCOM 2007 R2 Reporting Hangs

David

Oct 7, 2009, 10:15:01 AM10/7/09
I have a Windows 2008 Server running SQL 2008 and SSRS. All updates have
been applied. I also have another windows 2008 64-bit server. Ran the
Prerequisites Checker and all passed.

This is how I went about the install.

Install OperationsMangerDB on the SQL box. Did not install Data Warehouse
or Reporting Server Initially.

Went to the other 2008 server and installed all other parts - except the
Data Warehouse and Reporting Server. Pointed the install at the instance of
SQL box that had the OperationsManger DB installed. This worked great.

Now the problem. I went back to the SQL box and attempted to install the
Data Warehouse and Reproting Server at the same time. This failed. Did some
research and found a post saying you should install the Data Warehouse first
and then the Reporting Server. I took tha advice and was able to install the
Data Warehouse and it installed correctly. Went back thru the setup and
choose modify to add the Reporting Server. I get to the screen where it says
to choose the instance that the SSRS is installed on. I choose that instance
and click next. It just hangs at this point. Thinking it may take a while I
let it sit for about 1 hour and nothing happened. Eventually I used task
manager to kill it. It then told me to reveiw the logs and look for "value
3". There is no value 3 in the log and I suspect that is because I
terminated the process.

Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide.

David

Justin

Nov 17, 2009, 8:53:01 AM11/17/09
Hi David,

I have exactly the same setup and the same problem. Did you ever find a
solution to your problem ?

regards,

Justin

Pedro de Paula

Nov 20, 2009, 11:13:01 AM11/20/09

I was having the same error but after i create the DB OperationsManagerDW
firts with the DBcreate wizard, then run the SCOM reporting and the
installation has run smoothly...please try it first.

Im sure the error 3 is mainly related with DB permissions from the user
roles, i have seen it somewhere.

--
Pedro de Paula
Consultant

NealL

Dec 23, 2009, 4:00:01 PM12/23/09
I have this same issue. Anyone have a resolution?

ArtaSS

Jan 13, 2010, 9:28:02 AM1/13/10
Hi

I'm having the same issue but on Windows Server 2008 R2 and SQL Server 2008
SP1, when trying to instal Operation Manager 2007 R2 Reporting role.

D@discussions.microsoft.com Tom D

Mar 4, 2010, 3:05:01 PM3/4/10
My SCOM 2007 R2 Reporting also hang and require MS SQL server 2008 Reporting
Services with SP1 to be installed. I've done that and still getting the same
error.

Patrick Rots

Feb 21, 2011, 3:55:17 AM2/21/11
Same problem here. Removing the "-" in the servername solved my problem