Fail to manage the Agent after installing thru Discovery

Mr_Huang

Nov 16, 2007, 5:34:48 AM11/16/07
Dear guru,
Able to discover and have the agent installed on one of my Win2k3
server, however, it failed to manage where showed under the "Pending
Management" -> "Installation in Progress"

Found this error events on the agent machine

Event Type: Error
Event Source: OpsMgr Connector
Event Category: None
Event ID: 20057
Date: 11/16/2007
Time: 6:09:13 PM
User: N/A
Computer: WC-IMS
Failed to initialize security context for target MSOMHSvc/
OMserver.domain.com The error returned is 0x80090303(The specified
target is unknown or unreachable
). This error can apply to either the Kerberos or the SChannel
package.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: OpsMgr Connector
Event Category: None
Event ID: 21001
Date: 11/16/2007
Time: 6:09:13 PM
User: N/A
Computer: WC-IMS
The OpsMgr Connector could not connect to MSOMHSvc/OMserver.domain.com
because mutual authentication failed. Verify the SPN is properly
registered on the server and that, if the server is in a separate
domain, there is a full-trust relationship between the two domains.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: OpsMgr Connector
Event Category: None
Event ID: 21016
Date: 11/16/2007
Time: 6:09:17 PM
User: N/A
Computer: WC-IMS
OpsMgr was unable to set up a communications channel to
OMserver.domain.com and there are no failover hosts. Communication
will resume when OMserver.domain.com is both available and allows
communication from this computer.

My Action and Discovery account belongs to the local admin group.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Huang

Tarek Ismail

Nov 16, 2007, 2:05:20 PM11/16/07
Hi

install windows support tool on your OpsMgr server and use the following
command to list your SPN
setspn -L OpsMgr-server-name

and you must see something like below
MSOMHSvc/OPSMGR01
MSOMHSvc/OPSMGR01.TAREK.LOCAL
HOST/OPSMGR01
HOST/OPSMGR01.TAREK.LOCAL

if else use following command to register SPN , but change the names to
match your setting

setspn -A MSOMHSvc/OPSMGR01 OPSMGR01
setspn -A MSOMHSvc/OPSMGR01.TAREK.LOCAL OPSMGR01

Regards,
Tarek Ismail

Mr_Huang

Nov 18, 2007, 8:11:26 PM11/18/07
Hi Tarek,
thanks for your reply,
I guess the computername mentioned in the syntax is the
Monitoring_Host, so I tried but never get the result.

syntax:
C:\Documents and Settings\monitoringhost>setspn
Usage: setspn [switches data] computername
Where "computername" can be the name or domain\name

And I got it works when I have the OpsMgr reinstalled from scratch,
and assigned proper Action_account and SDK_account with domain users
which I have used local_system before which might be the cause of the
problem. I can discover, install and managed the agent thru the Admin
console now.
thanks for your advise,
Huang

On Nov 17, 3:05 am, "Tarek Ismail" <Tarek_877_nos...@hotmail.com>

benwilliams

Feb 8, 2010, 7:07:01 AM2/8/10
Hi Tarek,

I'd like to set the SPN details on a g/w server so that it can communicate with the management server on a different domain.
When using setspn -a on the gateway I assume I enter the gateway server details into the below commands rather than the management servers?

setspn -A MSOMHSvc/OPSMGR01 OPSMGR01
setspn -A MSOMHSvc/OPSMGR01.TAREK.LOCAL OPSMGR01

I get a 'Failed to bind to DC of Domain DOMAIN, 0x5'

Any ideas? I'm stuck in a bind over this g/w install. All others I've done have gone fine.

Thanks in advance,
Ben.

Mr_Huang wrote:

Hi Tarek,thanks for your reply,I guess the computername mentioned in the
21-Nov-07

Hi Tarek,
thanks for your reply,
I guess the computername mentioned in the syntax is the
Monitoring_Host, so I tried but never get the result.

syntax:
C:\Documents and Settings\monitoringhost>setspn
Usage: setspn [switches data] computername
Where "computername" can be the name or domain\name

And I got it works when I have the OpsMgr reinstalled from scratch,
and assigned proper Action_account and SDK_account with domain users
which I have used local_system before which might be the cause of the
problem. I can discover, install and managed the agent thru the Admin
console now.
thanks for your advise,
Huang

On Nov 17, 3:05 am, "Tarek Ismail" <Tarek_877_nos...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

On Friday, November 16, 2007 2:05 PM
Tarek Ismail wrote:

Hiinstall windows support tool on your OpsMgr server and use the following
Hi

install windows support tool on your OpsMgr server and use the following
command to list your SPN
setspn -L OpsMgr-server-name

and you must see something like below
MSOMHSvc/OPSMGR01
MSOMHSvc/OPSMGR01.TAREK.LOCAL
HOST/OPSMGR01
HOST/OPSMGR01.TAREK.LOCAL

if else use following command to register SPN , but change the names to
match your setting

setspn -A MSOMHSvc/OPSMGR01 OPSMGR01
setspn -A MSOMHSvc/OPSMGR01.TAREK.LOCAL OPSMGR01

Regards,
Tarek Ismail

On Saturday, November 17, 2007 1:19 AM
Mr_Huang wrote:

Fail to manage the Agent after installing thru Discovery

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Huang

On Wednesday, November 21, 2007 3:29 AM
Mr_Huang wrote:

[...]

wrote:

Working with Compressed Resources in .NET
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/309a1edb-cb5d-445f-a510-c314ccfc92e8/working-with-compressed-r.aspx