System Center Operations Manager 2007 Setup

JAM

Sep 26, 2008, 12:06:15 PM9/26/08
After the input of the SQL server name / instance, the name of the database
and the SQL Server Port... I have an error screen:

Invalid Microft Operations Manager Database Version (As title)

Setup found that the Microsoft Operations Manager database version on the
specified database server is not the same as the current product version.

To continue setup, go back and either change the database server name or
upgrade the SC database on the specified server to the current version.
(As explanation)

I have been working around this with no success... I hope you can help me.

Thank you in advance.

Manish Godse [MSFT]

Sep 26, 2008, 1:01:18 PM9/26/08
If you have a distributed setup you need to upgrade the DB before you can
upgrade the RMS.

--
Thanks,

"JAM" <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

JAM

Sep 26, 2008, 3:19:03 PM9/26/08
You are right!... this is about a distributed setup... but this is not an
upgrade for a SCOM... I'm making the first installation process for SCOM.

I'll be verifying the database upgrade.

I have SQL Server 2005 SP2... and I'm trying to get SCOM installed using the
current SQL Server (tuned for SCOM).

Thank you fo your help!.

Manish Godse [MSFT]

Sep 27, 2008, 3:43:01 PM9/27/08
Have you installed the OpsMgr DB component on the remote DB already? Did
that suceed successfully?

--
Thanks,

"JAM" <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

JAM

Sep 29, 2008, 10:04:01 AM9/29/08
Manish:

Thank you very much for your help!!

The OpsMgr DB Component were causing the problem. Now I can get SCOM
installed.

That step is not described at the deployment guide... the database must be
created with the tool. If I create the DB by myself the SCOM installation
goes down.

Best regards,

José Molina

achmadtaher

Feb 5, 2010, 7:57:55 PM2/5/10
help me please, to update my system

Manish Godse [MSFT] wrote:

Have you installed the OpsMgr DB component on the remote DB already?

27-Sep-08

Have you installed the OpsMgr DB component on the remote DB already? Did
that suceed successfully?

--
Thanks,

"JAM" <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

On Friday, September 26, 2008 12:06 PM
JA wrote:

System Center Operations Manager 2007 Setup

After the input of the SQL server name / instance, the name of the database
and the SQL Server Port... I have an error screen:

Invalid Microft Operations Manager Database Version (As title)

Setup found that the Microsoft Operations Manager database version on the
specified database server is not the same as the current product version.

To continue setup, go back and either change the database server name or
upgrade the SC database on the specified server to the current version.
(As explanation)

I have been working around this with no success... I hope you can help me.

Thank you in advance.

On Friday, September 26, 2008 1:01 PM
Manish Godse [MSFT] wrote:

If you have a distributed setup you need to upgrade the DB before you can
If you have a distributed setup you need to upgrade the DB before you can
upgrade the RMS.

--
Thanks,

"JAM" <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

On Friday, September 26, 2008 3:19 PM
JA wrote:

You are right!

You are right!... this is about a distributed setup... but this is not an
upgrade for a SCOM... I'm making the first installation process for SCOM.

I'll be verifying the database upgrade.

I have SQL Server 2005 SP2... and I'm trying to get SCOM installed using the
current SQL Server (tuned for SCOM).

Thank you fo your help!.

"Manish Godse [MSFT]" wrote:

On Saturday, September 27, 2008 3:43 PM
Manish Godse [MSFT] wrote:

Have you installed the OpsMgr DB component on the remote DB already?
Have you installed the OpsMgr DB component on the remote DB already? Did
that suceed successfully?

--
Thanks,

"JAM" <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

On Monday, September 29, 2008 10:04 AM
JA wrote:

Re: System Center Operations Manager 2007 Setup
Manish:

Thank you very much for your help!!

The OpsMgr DB Component were causing the problem. Now I can get SCOM
installed.

That step is not described at the deployment guide... the database must be
created with the tool. If I create the DB by myself the SCOM installation
goes down.

Best regards,

Jos?? Molina

"Manish Godse [MSFT]" wrote:

UrlKicker-Url / Search / Notes Tray Utility
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/20ad0380-15e0-4662-a6b1-18ceae14cf73/urlkickerurl--search-.aspx