Eraser problem in One Note

Brian

Jan 25, 2004, 10:16:11 AM1/25/04
I am having a problem with using the Eraser on my tablet
pen in the OneNote application. Most of the time, when I
turn my pen around and erase something in OneNote, the
cursor remains in eraser mode even when I flip my table
pen back to the pen side. My pen works fine in MS
Journal, so I think it's a bug in One Note. I want to
list of applications to get online support for. Does
anyone know how to contact MS online for support in
OneNote?

Thanks.

Chris H.

Jan 25, 2004, 10:20:49 AM1/25/04
Brian, you just have reported the issue. 8-) Microsoft folks read this
newsgroup all the time. Are you seeing the same issue if you use the eraser
tool, without flipping your pen? Which Tablet PC are you on?
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

"Brian" <anon...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Brian

Jan 26, 2004, 8:15:41 AM1/26/04
Chris,

Yes, I just reported the same issue on, sorry for the
double work.

If I click on the eraser icon, my pen tip acts as an
eraser until I physically click on the pen tool again. I
would have expected this to work in this manner.

However, if I flip my pen around to the eraser side, the
eraser tool is automatically activated, which I want.
But when I flip the pen back to the pen side, it is stuck
on the eraser tool until I physically click on eraser
tool followed by the pen tool. I should also note that
when I flip my pen around to the eraser side, although
the eraser tool is used, in the toolbar, the pen tool is
still shown to be the active tool.

This functionality works great in MS Journal, but not
OneNote.

I am using an Acer C110 TCI tablet PC.

Thanks,
Brian

>.

Gary A. Bushey

Jan 26, 2004, 9:16:40 AM1/26/04
I notice this at times with my M200 also

--

Gary A. Bushey
SPS MVP

Chris Pratley (MS)

Jan 26, 2004, 2:11:05 PM1/26/04
We've seen this too, but it seems to be machine or driver dependent but is
intermittent in our testing. If you have a 100% repro case, pleas epost the
details - we're still trying to track it down. In the meantime, you can tap
on the pen icon to bring it back to pen if it gets stuck on eraser.

Chris Pratley (MS)
OneNote design team

"Brian" <anon...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

MarkB

Mar 23, 2004, 5:05:55 AM3/23/04
In my experience (on a Toshiba M200) tapping the pen icon
does not always work. It is sometimes necessary to exit
and restart. (I have just reported a similar problem
with the pen tool turning into something like a text-
select tool)
>.

Chris H.

May 27, 2004, 9:22:34 PM5/27/04
Which drivers are you using from Wacom, and are you running Windows XP SP2
(with Tablet PC Edition 2005) RC1 or just the stock Tablet setup?

--

"Ben Minehart" <anon...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We're working with a Motion Computing M1300 and a Cross "Executive"
> penabled pen, and we've discovered a 50% repro circumstance. When you
> have the pen button enabled for right-click, while you're writing you may
> hit it, which will select some of your writing. If you erase the selected
> block of text using the back-side of the pen by coming straight down on
> the selected writing (and therefore cause the icon to change modes right
> on the selected writing), the selection will not delete, and then the icon
> is stuck on the eraser mode. At this point you're stuck in erase mode and
> you can't change back to pen mode. Intermittently, you can't add more
> pages and you can't review through previous pages. In some circumstances
> OneNote freezes altogether and you have to kill the onenote.exe process.
> Once you restart OneNote it works normally again.

Peter Engrav (MS)

Jun 2, 2004, 2:43:21 AM6/2/04
Have you tried the preview OneNote SP1? It includes a number of fixes and
improvements to the eraser tool. And it's now significantly faster on most
machines.

If pre-release software isn't your thing I'd definitely encourage you to
upgrade to SP1 when it's released.

Peter Engrav (MS)

"Ben Minehart" <anon...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> We're working with a Motion Computing M1300 and a Cross "Executive"
penabled pen, and we've discovered a 50% repro circumstance. When you have
the pen button enabled for right-click, while you're writing you may hit it,
which will select some of your writing. If you erase the selected block of
text using the back-side of the pen by coming straight down on the selected
writing (and therefore cause the icon to change modes right on the selected

writing), the selection will not delete, and then the icon is stuck on the

jkh...@gmail.com

Apr 25, 2019, 3:47:17 PM4/25/19
15 years later, this bug still exists in One Note. When is this going to be fixed? I understand bug fixes can take time, but 15 years is unreasonable.

zhenni...@gmail.com

May 23, 2020, 6:16:35 AM5/23/20
Make that 16 years

waynemanc...@gmail.com

Aug 2, 2020, 6:30:23 PM8/2/20
How is this still a thing after all this time?
Macbook Pro 2015
Intuos Pro M

Woodrow Morrison

Oct 3, 2020, 8:20:50 PM10/3/20
same in 2020! FIX THIS PLEASE MS. it works half the time, and then i have to reboot or restart the app (for mac) 2015 macbook pro running catalina

Yash Kadam

May 31, 2021, 4:15:55 AM5/31/21

make that 17 years

K D

Jun 14, 2021, 1:06:12 PM6/14/21
On Monday, May 31, 2021 at 4:15:55 AM UTC-4, Yash Kadam wrote:
> make that 17 years

Same problem with the latest version of onenote on Big Sur. Eraser doesn't update the screen, so the inks of the strokes stay there even when you switch pages!!! WTF MS???

Listed Names

Jan 3, 2022, 4:35:15 AM1/3/22
> Make that 18 years

Vishal Paudel

Jan 10, 2022, 8:24:48 AM1/10/22
Yup @Microsoft, make that 18 years

2004 to 2022,

and accept my annoyance people from 2030,
still got the same issue??

I don't have a fix,
but sudden jerks in the position of the cursor make this happen for some reason,
some sort of a gesture bug, I don't know,

use mouse mode on the pen tablet and see if it works that way
Message has been deleted

Haley KayO

Jul 27, 2023, 2:02:16 PM7/27/23
Make it 19