Word 2003 top margin

Curtis Croulet

Jan 24, 2008, 8:14:11 PM1/24/08
I have MS Word 2003, which I've been using for several years. It has
spontaneously decided not to honor the top margin of a document as
designated in Page Setup. In Page Setup, the top margin is set at 1". But
Word has decided to start the cursor at the very top of the page. I can tab
it down to the correct starting place, of course, but I don't understand why
it no longer automatically starts at the place indicated in Page Setup.
What do I have to do to change it?

--
Curtis Croulet
Temecula, California

Val

Jan 24, 2008, 10:14:11 PM1/24/08
Are you sure Tools | Options - "Display Whitespace between pages" hasn't
come unchecked? Or, hold your cursor right near the top of the page and
when it changes to two opposite point arrows (tooltip "Show Whitespace")
click there.

Val
(somewhere south of 90°N, 113°W)

"Curtis Croulet" <calypte@_NO_SPAM_verizon.net> wrote in message

Curtis Croulet

Jan 26, 2008, 4:22:02 PM1/26/08
> Are you sure Tools | Options - "Display Whitespace between pages" hasn't
> come unchecked? Or, hold your cursor right near the top of the page and
> when it changes to two opposite point arrows (tooltip "Show Whitespace")
> click there.

That's it. How it became unchecked, I have no idea, but that's the answer.
Thanks.

Val

Jan 27, 2008, 12:35:05 AM1/27/08
I find most every PC I use at some time or another seems to randomly change
some setting. I blame it on cosmic rays.

In your case, it probably was an accidental click on the border space (the
gray area) between pages. Or cosmic rays.

Val