File in use while trying to save a docment

Kobus

Feb 17, 2008, 2:46:01 AM2/17/08
On a computer with Office 2007 I can open a file on a SAMBA server but
cannot save the changed file because of a "file in use" message.
We heave a Linux server with Samba and all the computers use XP with
Office 2003 except one with Office 2007. Only the Machine with Office
2007 gives the "file in use" error when I want to save it. I first
thought it might have been Offline Files but I disabled Offline Files
and it still happens. This happens with doc & xls files. I did not try
docx and & xlsx files.
The user now has to do a "save as" under a different name, delete the
old file and rename the file. I could not find any fault with the file
permissions on the server. Office 2003 can open and save the same
files without a problem.
Any ideas?

Kobus

Feb 18, 2008, 10:01:56 AM2/18/08

I solved the problem. Bitdefender does not work well with Office 2007.
Set Bitdefender to "scan program files only" and the porblem goes away.