Office2003 Professional Vista Installation Problem

x...@nobodynowherenohow.com

Jan 29, 2008, 10:07:49 PM1/29/08
Help please .. trying to install a legal purchased copy of MS Office
Professional on a new, clean Windows Vista computer. Computer should
have plenty of resources .. 3gig ram, 250 gig drive.

Hangs during install with the error: A required file CR561401.CAB
cannot be found.

Installing from Disk. A search of that disk shows the above file does
in fact exist.

Replacing an old computer, where this install formerly went perfectly.

1) What is my problem; and how do I solve it.

2) Is there anything different or necessary to install this version of
MS Office on a new machine with Vista?

Really need to know what to do .. so any assistance will be most
appreciated.

Thanks .....

Mike

marie...@hotmail.com

Feb 26, 2008, 5:34:00 AM2/26/08

Hello,

I have the same problem.
I really need Office at the moment, but I cannot install either. I
tried to download it all, without succes and now I ran out of options.
Can somebody help me out? That stupid CR561401.CAB file drives me
crazy!

Marieke