Word: paragraph changes to caption when printing

Robert Jacobson

Feb 27, 2008, 8:28:48 AM2/27/08

I'm using Word 2003 to edit a document I created. It has a Table of
contents, table of tables, and a table of figures. Of course the
figures and tables have captions. Some of the figures are text boxes.

At some point this document started behaving ... oddly. Now, when I
print the document (or even just open print preview), one of the
paragraphs adjacent to a text box changes to the "Caption" style.
This seems to happen when Word updates the fields in the document
before printing it.

I have tried what I consider "standard" troubleshooting for weird
behavior:
- Turn off track changes (after first accepting all the changes)
- Copy everything except the last paragraph mark and paste into new
document

But even the new pasted document has the same behavior.

I believe this has something to do with the text box figure. I tried
deleting the text box and recreating it, but that didn't seem to
help. Is there another way to make a figure out of some text without
making a text box?

Other ideas, please?

Robert Jacobson

Feb 27, 2008, 8:33:22 AM2/27/08
On Feb 27, 8:28 am, Robert Jacobson <q2m3ef...@sneakemail.com> wrote:
> Other ideas, please?

Sorry, forgot to mention -- I have the option to "Update fields" OFF,
but it still updates the fields when printing!