Office 2007 installation fails with error code Error 1712

Kutty

May 26, 2009, 4:20:01 PM5/26/09
I am getting an error while upgrading office 2003 to Office 2007 on my
system. It is a windows xp system with SP2.

Below are the msi error found in the log file

'Error 1704. An installation for Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007 is
currently suspended. You must undo the changes made by that installation to
continue. Do you want to undo those changes?

Error 1712. One or more of the files required to restore your computer to
its previous state could not be found. Restoration will not be possible.'

Error: Failed to configure: {90120000-006E-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}
ErrorCode: 1603(0x643)

Thanks in advance for any suggesions in this regard.

Susan Ramlet

May 27, 2009, 8:46:56 AM5/27/09
Try the steps in this article (even though it's for an earlier version of
Office): clean boot your Windows XP system and restart the installation.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823826

--
Susan Ramlet
**please reply to the newsgroup so others may benefit**

"Kutty" <Ku...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Kutty

May 27, 2009, 9:10:01 AM5/27/09
Thanks for responding to my query.

I have tried the article you mentioned but still no go. I also followed the
below articles but again the same results.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/834484
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218/

I also cheked the presence of the registry key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\InProgress as suggested by some blogs....no joy...

any other tips that would help me resolve this issue ?

DotPC

Jun 12, 2009, 2:57:05 PM6/12/09
On May 27, 9:10 am, Kutty <Ku...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Thanks for responding to my query.
>
> I have tried the article you mentioned but still no go. I also followed the
> below articles but again the same results.http://support.microsoft.com/kb/834484http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218/
>
> I also cheked the presence of the registry keyHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\InPr­ogressas suggested by some blogs....no joy...

> any other tips that would help me resolve this issue ?
>

> "Susan Ramlet" wrote:
> > Try the steps in this article (even though it's for an earlier version of
> >Office): clean boot your Windows XP system and restart the installation.
>
> >http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823826
>
> > --
> > Susan Ramlet
> > **please reply to the newsgroup so others may benefit**
>
> > "Kutty" <Ku...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I am getting anerrorwhile upgradingoffice2003 toOffice2007on my

> > > system. It is a windows xp system with SP2.
>
> > > Below are the msierrorfound in the log file
>
> > > 'Error1704. An installation for MicrosoftOfficeProfessional Plus2007
> > > is
> > > currently suspended.  You must undo the changes made by that installation
> > > continue.  Do you want to undo those changes?
>
> > >Error1712. One or more of the files required to restore your computer to

> > > its previous state could not be found.  Restoration will not be possible.'
>
> > >Error: Failed to configure: {90120000-006E-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}
> > > ErrorCode: 1603(0x643)
>
> > > Thanks in advance for any suggesions in this regard.- Hide quoted text -

We had the same problem, try using the error 1704 cleanup utility -
worked for us.
http://download.cnet.com/Error-1704-Cleanup-Utility/3000-2094_4-10133201.html