Disabling Standard Icons

Learning

Feb 11, 2010, 10:31:05 PM2/11/10
I am running Office 2003 and I want to assign a error message to the SAVE
icon on the StandardToolbar to disable the standard save function to get the
user to use another save button that I have set up on the spreadsheet. I
know it can be done because I have it on a spreadsheet someone else set up
but I cannot
find where they set it up.

It needs to be done in such a way that when I send the document
(spreadsheet) to other Pc's it will still be setup.

Any help would be most apprciated.

Learning

Feb 11, 2010, 10:41:01 PM2/11/10
I am running Office 2003 and I want to assign a error message to the SAVE
icon on the StandardToolbar to disable the standard save function to get the
user to use another save button that I have set up on the Sheet. I know it
can be
done because I have it on a spreadsheet someone elsse set up but I cannot

find where they set it up.
It needs to be done in such a way that it stays with the sheet (not with the
PC) as the sheet will be given out to multiple PC's

Learning

Feb 11, 2010, 11:24:01 PM2/11/10

Ignore this one .. it got posted twice ..

Bob I

Feb 12, 2010, 8:57:25 AM2/12/10
Look in the macros on the example workbook.

Learning

Feb 24, 2010, 9:00:01 PM2/24/10
thanks Bob and sorry to be dumb but where do I find the example workbook?

Thanks

"Bob I" wrote:

> .

Bob I

Feb 25, 2010, 8:45:07 AM2/25/10
You said "I know it can be done because I have it on a spreadsheet
someone else set up but I cannot find where they set it up."

That is the example workbook. Look in the Macros.

Learning

Feb 25, 2010, 5:33:01 PM2/25/10
Thanks but that was the first place I looked and "I cannot find where they
set it up.". I am looking where all macros for the sheet are but is there
some system area in the macro or some keywork I should be searching for. In
the example workbook it prints a whole error message which I have looked for
but cannot find.

"Bob I" wrote:

> .

Bob I

Feb 25, 2010, 5:50:18 PM2/25/10
Press Alt+F11 and nose around in the VB editor.

Learning

Feb 25, 2010, 7:04:01 PM2/25/10
Ahhh wonderful .. Found it .. thanks Very MUCH for all your help and patience.
Alison

"Bob I" wrote:

> .

Bob I