Programatically import/export to PST file

0 vue

Bob Hinkle

non lue,
2 févr. 2003, 16:46:1802/02/2003

Are there any simple methods of importing or exporting an entire mailbox to
a pst file through vba? I'm looking for something like exmerge but that I
can control through Outlook.

Dmitry Streblechenko

non lue,
3 févr. 2003, 13:24:5703/02/2003
Create a new PST file using Namespace.AddStore, then copy the target folders
to the PST folders.

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
http://www.dimastr.com/
OutlookSpy - Outlook, CDO
and MAPI Developer Tool

"Bob Hinkle" <bobhin...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Bob Hinkle

non lue,
3 févr. 2003, 18:46:2403/02/2003
Thanks Dmitry, that helps a lot. I'm pretty new to Outlook VBA - are there
any routines to copy folders or will I need to copy each message? Also is
there a way to close the PST file when I'm done copying?

"Dmitry Streblechenko" <dmi...@dimastr.com> wrote in message

Dmitry Streblechenko

non lue,
4 févr. 2003, 12:26:5604/02/2003
1. Use MAPIFolder.CopyTo()
2. Use Namespace.RemoveStore()

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
http://www.dimastr.com/
OutlookSpy - Outlook, CDO
and MAPI Developer Tool

"Bob Hinkle" <bobhin...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Bob Hinkle

non lue,
5 févr. 2003, 16:09:3005/02/2003
Thanks - that's exactly what I needed. Is there a way to open and close
exchange mailboxes equivalent to addstore and removestore?

"Dmitry Streblechenko" <dmi...@dimastr.com> wrote in message

Dmitry Streblechenko

non lue,
6 févr. 2003, 15:03:1706/02/2003
Not the mailboxes directly. You can open a shared folder usign
Namespace.GetSharedDefaultFolder.
If you want to add another user's mail box to a profile, you might want to
use ProfMan (comes with a distributable version of Redemption, url in my
sig.) - click Redemption, then Profiles - there is an example that adds an
Exchange mailbox to a profile.

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
http://www.dimastr.com/
OutlookSpy - Outlook, CDO