Recurring-event Custom Meeting Forms Don't save custom fields

Paul Lesiak

Nov 29, 2001, 11:53:59 AM11/29/01
Hey,

I've created a Custom Outlook meeting form, which two additional
pages. One to store Agenda items for meetings, and another to store
the roles people have during the meetings.

For events that happen only once (non-recurring) the form works fine.
It stores all the fields properly and when its saved and re-opened
everything is there.

The problem occurs when a user schedules a recurring event. A user
can enter text into the items on the Agenda page, or text in the
items on the Roles page and set the meeting as recurring weekly, for
example, and save it. However, when that user wants to open one of
these recurring meeting instances to modify either of these fields,
those changes are lost (or ignored), and after saving and re-opening,
the original Roles or Agenda text are there instead.

Now the tricky part about this problem, is that it is not totally
consistent. At first when I began developing the form, I did not have
this problem, then the next day it began to happen. I didn't touch it
for about a week, and republished it to my personal calendar, and it
worked for the first meeting I scheduled, then I deleted that
meeting, scheduled another one and it stopped working.

Even further, if I create a dummy form with just an additional page
with a single Text box in it, it works on a consistent basis, however
if I go and make it into the full blown custom form I need to work,
it does not.

I'm using Outlook 2000 SR-1 9.0.0.5414. My outllib.dll is version
9.0.5414, dated Friday, June 15, 2001, 2:30:32 AM (some MS developer
must have stayed up late and missed something :)

If anyone could help me, it would be greatly appreciated. If you need
more information on what steps I am taking, or need any other
additional information please feel free to email me.

Thank you,

- Paul

Paul Lesiak

Nov 29, 2001, 4:08:04 PM11/29/01
Nevermind, I figured it out.

Recurring *Appointment* events are able to store individual values for
user-fields in each recurring event.

Recurring *Meetings* on the other hand are unable to do so. They use what
was in the first one, for all of them.

Why does this silly "feature" exist in Outlook? I don't know

Thanks,

Paul

"Paul Lesiak" <ple...@dynamicsoft.com> wrote in message

abhi...@abhijeetjoshi.com

May 11, 2016, 3:31:49 AM5/11/16
Hi Paul,

Is there any solution for this? I am facing the same issue.

finds...@gmail.com

Oct 31, 2018, 2:57:57 PM10/31/18
hi, I face a relative problem.
My custom form does not appear at all when I open a single-instance appointment. I am able to change the userproperties from code but if I want to inspect them on the calendar the form is missing