.NET 2010 Outlook Form Region - Message

Chris

Jul 6, 2011, 10:04:38 AM7/6/11
I have a form region that does various analysis on the body and
subject of an e-mail. Everything works properly, but when I REPLY to
a message, the ORIGINAL message body changes to have my signature
inserted. In other word, if the original email has a body of:

Hello, How Are You?

I then hit reply, and populate the reply email, which does and should
have my signature, so it looks like:

Fine, thank you.
<signature>

Hello, How Are You?

When I go back and look at the original message received, the body is
now:
<signature>

Hello, How Are You?

At NO point in the custom form region do I directly change the body.
The form region does have a private var (dim _MailItem as
Outlook.MailItem) at the class level. This is set in region_Load as
_MailItem = Me.

I was under the impression that the form region factory managed these
private vars. I do have signatures inserted into reply set to on.
Anyone have any thoughts why this happens and how to address?

Many thanks,
Chris

Chris

Jul 6, 2011, 10:59:42 AM7/6/11
The symptom occurs immediately; as soon as (in the region_load) I set _mailItem = Me.OutlookItem, the original e-mail is modified. _mailItem is declared at the class level as "protected _mailItem as Outlook.MailItem"