Google Группы больше не поддерживают новые публикации и подписки в сети Usenet. Опубликованный ранее контент останется доступен.

How to Show/Hide a toolbar in Word/Excel 2007

133 просмотра

Priyanka

не прочитано,
3 окт. 2006 г., 04:49:0103.10.2006
Hello Everybody.......

In Office 2000, if we right click on menu bar, a menu appears, where if we
select/deselect any toolbar name, we can make it visible/hidden.

The problem is that, I have developed a small Com addin in VC++ for
excel/word and powerpoint.
And depending upon the toolbar of my addin has been selected to be
visible/hidden, I store a value 1/0 in a registry key and the next time I
run the same application, I pick up the registry key and then either
hide/display the addin-toolbar.

But now, in office 2007 I couldn't find any such option.

Steps followed by me:
----------------------

1) Install Office 2000.
2) Register my addin.
3) Now open word 2000 and addin toolbar is displayed.
4) Right click menu bar and deselect the item corresponding to "my addin".
Addin is now loaded but not visible.
5) Now close the application and my addin writes this state (hidden state)
to registry.
6) Now install Office 2007
7) Open word 2007 and it will load my addin but it will not show the toolbar
for it.
8) Problem: now i don't know how to make that toolbar visible. because.no
such option is displayed in word 2007.

I would be really very thankful, if anybody can guide me in this.

Thanks and Regards,
Priyanka

Patrick Schmid [MVP]

не прочитано,
3 окт. 2006 г., 06:42:1403.10.2006
You should be able to use VBA in an immediate window to make your add-in
toolbar visible again via the CommandBars model.
Or, if I understand your program correctly, couldn't you just change the
value in the regkey?

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Office 2007 Beta 2 Technical Refresh (B2TR):
http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/09/18/43
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

"Priyanka" <Priy...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Priyanka

не прочитано,
3 окт. 2006 г., 06:59:0203.10.2006
Thanks for reply.

But, the problem is that i want to use the same addin for word 2000 and 2007.
In word 2000, I have provided the functionality to show/hide my addin
toolbar and I save this state to registry and then i programmatically
show/hide it the next time word opens.

but in word 2007 i coudn't find the equivalent of
"Right click any toolbar and select/deselect the toolbar name to show/hide
it".

I just want to know, how to hide/show any toolbar non-programmatically, in
Word 2007.
Is there any option to do so.??????
e.g., if once, manually i set the registry key to 0 to hide my addin
toolbar, is there any option in word 2007 to show it.

Please let me know if the question is not clear.

Patrick Schmid [MVP]

не прочитано,
3 окт. 2006 г., 07:38:3403.10.2006

> But, the problem is that i want to use the same addin for word 2000 and 2007.
> In word 2000, I have provided the functionality to show/hide my addin
> toolbar and I save this state to registry and then i programmatically
> show/hide it the next time word opens.
>
> but in word 2007 i coudn't find the equivalent of
> "Right click any toolbar and select/deselect the toolbar name to show/hide
> it".
>
> I just want to know, how to hide/show any toolbar non-programmatically, in
> Word 2007.
> Is there any option to do so.??????
No.

> e.g., if once, manually i set the registry key to 0 to hide my addin
> toolbar, is there any option in word 2007 to show it.

No. If you want it, then you need to program it.

2007 comes with a vastly different customization model for the Ribbon
UI. The concept of a toolbar is basically gone in 2007. Hence there is
no UI to support interaction with toolbars either. You should take a
look at my blog and read about the new customization model. The examples
there don't work for B2TR yet, but I am in the process of updating and
better structuring it.

Btw, If your toolbar is set to be shown in 2007, then it will appear on
the Add-In tab.

Priyanka

не прочитано,
3 окт. 2006 г., 07:50:0203.10.2006