Server Root as Trusted Location

concentratedawesome

May 28, 2010, 12:25:02 PM5/28/10
I am deploying a Word 2007 Document-Level AddIn and trying to open the
document from SharePoint. To let the AddIn run, I, of course, must add the
URL of my SharePoint site be a trusted location (e.g. http://server/siteid)

The problem is that the name of the site from which the document is opened
is dynamic and unknowable at the time of document opening, so I'd like to
just have Word 2007 use the server root as a trusted location (e.g.
http://server). When I try to do so, I get the following message:
"The path you have entered cannot be used as a Trusted Location for security
reasons. Choose another location..."

Any way to do this? Any ideas on workarounds? I'm not really interested in
crazy schemes to modify the registry dynamically at runtime.

concentratedawesome

Aug 13, 2010, 7:03:03 AM8/13/10
This was a bug fixed by KB981041: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/981041/

Thanks to MSDN Premium Support