Outlook very slow while looping on CurrentFolder.Items collection

lsicard

Oct 29, 2009, 1:07:58 PM10/29/09

I need to check some headers in a mail collection that can be large
(more than 1000 mails per folder) and it seems that when I cast an
item from the collection outlook needs to retreive all related data
(body, attachments) from the remote server (IMAP) which is causing a
severe delay.
My code :
Outlook.Items items = OutlookApp.ActiveExplorer().CurrentFolder.Items;
foreach (object i in items)
{
Outlook.MailItem item = (Outlook.MailItem)i; //This line is slow
//reading/Writing some headers
}

Is there any way to prevent Outlook from calling the server? I just
need to work on the headers...

Thanks in advance

Louis

Dominic Shaw

Sep 9, 2010, 9:51:42 AM9/9/10
Hi Louis,

Did you ever find a resolution to this? I have almost exactly the same circumstance and I can't seem to find a solution.

What did you do in the end?

Thanks,

Dom

> Scrolling in WPF Toolkit?s Column Chart