Re: Please report abuse by Robin Hood Zorro to the proper authorities

asc...@zdnetonebox.com

Feb 10, 2006, 7:06:40 PM2/10/06

"Josiah Jenkins" <josiah-...@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
news:8fvmu15vqt448bs5s...@4ax.com...
> On 9 Feb 2006 04:32:14 -0800, I read these words from
> asc...@zdnetonebox.com :
> <headers trimmed><snipped>
>>
>>I've killfiled 170 "senders" this way, although since these
>>cross-posting off-topic fools . . . . .
>> . . . . there may actually be only about fifty infesting this newsgroup
>
> "this newsgroup" ?
> Obviously another one who can't read headers !

Most folks can only read a cross-posted message one newsgroup at a
time. If it's different for you, it's time to update your antivirus
software.

> Talking of "cross-posting off-topic fools",
> your response was cross-posted to five ng -
>
> alt.fan.heinlein
> soc.culture.scottish
> soc.history.medieval
> soc.history.war.misc
> us.military.army

The difference is that my post was not off-topic in any of the
newsgroups, as coping with off-topic posts in unmoderated groups is
never off-topic.

As for being a cross-posting fool, I cheerfully admit it in this
instance but not for the reason you would prefer. The post starting
this thread by one Turkey (including crossposts) urged readers to
complain about the Zorro entity to Google. That struck me as
impractical. A poster then replied she used Google to post, which has
no killfile feature. I then supplied her with the address of a free
newsreader she could use to read posts and killfile while continuing to
use Google to post. Subsequent posts on this thread have implied that
Turkey and Zorro are the same troll. If so, the Zorro entity's address
is probably munged, in whole or part, so complaints about its usenet
abuse to Google go nowhere. I had not considered any of this, though
my own investigation since corroborates it. Nevertheless, shame on me
for showing those who have to rely on Google to read and post there's a
way to killfile. It might actually (gasp) increase the number of
participants and their enjoyment of the designated newsgroups!

If you wish to discuss this further, let's strip the crosspostings to
microsoft.public.netiquette. But first please try to gain more
familiarity with the subject.

Message has been deleted

robin hood zoro

Feb 11, 2006, 3:09:42 PM2/11/06
AUK Registrar wrote:

>>> "this newsgroup" ?
>>> Obviously another one who can't read headers !

>>Most folks can only read a cross-posted message one newsgroup at a
>>time. If it's different for you, it's time to update your antivirus
>>software.

>Anti-virus software has exactly ... what to do with cross-posted articles
>and news readers?

I ignored this one as it didn't make even the initial attempt at having
any sense... the guy seemed to have multiple computers popping up if he
clicked on a cross-posted thread.

-- that would be a whole new back door, ay?

Spiv

Feb 11, 2006, 7:04:54 PM2/11/06

"robin hood zoro" <robinh...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

DO NOT CROSSPOST!!!!!