newgroup topics

1 view

vb

Sep 4, 2005, 3:04:25 PM9/4/05
Hello.
I don't know if this is the right place to ask this question
When I open outlook express on my PC, some of the threads/topics that I saw
or posted on another machine are missing and vice versa. In fact once when I
opened OE on my laptop almost the whole month of august was missing.
How do I fix this and how can I make sure I get all of the latest posts?
VB

Daniel Simon

Sep 16, 2005, 2:49:18 PM9/16/05
I think this is the wrong place to ask this.
I have the same problem and I think it is because the Newsserver deletes
some old messages from time to time
Daniel

Michael Jennings

Sep 20, 2005, 10:43:56 PM9/20/05
It's as good a place as any. My ISP's newsserver clings to this stuff. I
found
stuff I'd posted here over two years ago. The Microsoft newsserver holds on
to stuff for a while, but not *that* long. Try using your internet service
provider's newsserver if you need everything that's posted. They may carry
this newsgroup without cleaning up the dinero, swen and sex postings that
got past the msnews spam filters, only to be cleared out once seen.

"Daniel Simon" <simdan2...@spamweb.de> wrote in message