Hardware requirements on CE device

1 view

Jan Kucera

Jun 25, 2007, 4:16:22 AM6/25/07
I would like to run robotics and dss runtime on Windows CE6 device. Which
minimum hardware requirements do you recommend on such device?

Thank you,
Jan Kucera

Jan Kucera

Jun 26, 2007, 3:52:52 AM6/26/07
George replied on MSDN forums:

we really have no minimum. We have tested on very constrained devices (486
clones running at 160Mhz) to the latest ARM-based smartphones running at
400Mhz. Things are quite a bit slower compared to a desktop machine ofcourse
(especially startup time due to the time it takes the CompactFramework to
JIT DSS) but after that, we can sustain about 200 msgs/sec between services,
in the same node.

For memory we need at least 15MB free (and even then GC kicks in alot)

"Jan Kucera" <mil...@community.nospam> wrote in message