Re: Update - Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Community

John Eddy

May 31, 2010, 8:55:16 PM5/31/10
On Sat, 08 May 2010 00:53:12 -0700, nntp wrote:

> What is Happening?
> This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin
> discontinuing newsgroups and transitioning users to Microsoft forums.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

Love,

The old MS Newsgroups Admin who really can't laughing at this boondoggle.

@nomail.afraid.org FromTheRafters

May 31, 2010, 9:20:48 PM5/31/10
"John Eddy" <jayd...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Here's your "help".

...and your final notice too. :oD

John Eddy

Jun 1, 2010, 12:43:22 AM6/1/10

I can get, more or less, what they're doing. I think it's wrong. There's
a big world of difference between shutting down and 'just not caring that
they exist anymore'.

Hell, the second doesn't require any work. At the same time, I'm not
against it. I don't have a horse in this race anymore. I could care less
(which is almost a lie).

What I'm against is the horrible messaging and unrealistic timelines.

Some of the stuff I've heard from the MVP side of the fence is just...
absurd.

@nomail.afraid.org FromTheRafters

Jun 1, 2010, 5:40:29 AM6/1/10

"John Eddy" <jayd...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Like this:

"When will this Happen?
Effective June 1, 2010 this newsgroup will be closed."

Thus making this post impossible...