Windows 7 Newsgroup?

John

May 15, 2009, 3:16:01 PM5/15/09
Where is the Windows 7 Newsgroup? For that matter I didn't even see a Vista
newsgroup listed at
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx

Is this a legacy site?

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?mid=28a76ca4-46fd-4f74-bb01-d13b41b5b22b&dg=microsoft.public.msnewservers

John

May 15, 2009, 3:30:04 PM5/15/09
Oh I see microsoft.public.windows has a bunch of subgroups, a number of those
which deal with VISTA, but still none with Windows 7 in the title. (I've also
checked MSDN newsgroups, but guess it is off to Google...)

This is not too intuitive - especially given the long history of groups
under names like microsoft.public.windowsnt, microsoft.public.windowsxp, etc.
but I'm sure someone had a reason why this really was more intuitive...

John

May 15, 2009, 3:37:01 PM5/15/09
Oh, there are LOTS of folks wondering about this on Google, but the solution
is that thereis YET ANOTHER pool of newgroups to search through, this time it
is at:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/w7itpro/

Hope this helps others...

StephenB

May 15, 2009, 8:24:18 PM5/15/09
John <Jo...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

Those are part of the Microsoft forums - no newsgroup equivalent for them. You
are on the web interface for the Microsoft nntp newsgroup for this group.
The Microsoft nntp newsgroups can be accessed via a newsreader (nntp client
software) at news.microsoft.com or via a 3rd party new server. The various
forums are web only.
-steve
--
Stephen Boots
MVP Windows Live

ian...@googlemail.com

Jun 10, 2009, 8:21:02 AM6/10/09
The Windows 7 newsgroups will only start to appear once it is released
later this year - the same thing happened with Vista. While the Beta/
RC is out you'll need to talk about it on forums like http://www.w7forums.com

Richard Mitnick

Apr 19, 2010, 3:00:01 PM4/19/10
So, releases and I still cannot find it.

Peter Flindt

Apr 20, 2010, 5:58:11 AM4/20/10
Richard Mitnick wrote on 19.04.2010 in message
<ABF7A342-AEF7-4D7D...@microsoft.com> :

> "ian...@googlemail.com" wrote:

And there will be no Win7 newsgroups.

a)Use a none MS Newsgroup