MSN Photo Upload Tool for Hotmail

Yvon

Dec 29, 2007, 8:10:00 PM12/29/07
Can someone please tell me where they downloaded the photo Upload tool. I
have looked for days and can ot find this tool.

Thanks

Yvon

Message has been deleted

Yvon

Dec 30, 2007, 4:22:00 PM12/30/07
Thank You. Works great

Yvon

"StephenB" wrote:

> The MSN Photo Upload Tool is an ActiveX control that downloads and installs
> automatically if you upload photos to a Windows Live Spaces space or to MSN
> Groups.
> See if this thread helps:
> http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=520996&SiteID=1
> -steve
> --
> Stephen Boots
> MVP Windows Live
> Windows Live OneCare Forum Moderator
> sbo...@mvps.org

Message has been deleted

girlies_gems

Apr 9, 2009, 9:36:02 PM4/9/09
Hi, I just downloaded IE 7 and avast virus program on XP and cannot get any
photos to load to a website or via email. I downloaded this tool and the
"image is still loading". I accepted all cookies and still ge the same
response. Is ther anything else I can do?

"StephenB" wrote:

> Glad that I could help and thanks for confirming.
> -steve

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Apr 9, 2009, 9:57:04 PM4/9/09
HOW TO Optimize IE for Windows Live Hotmail
[NB: There are separate sections for IE6 and IE7 (incorrectly titled
"Windows Explorer 7"); the IE7 section applies to IE8]
http://emailsupport.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!5D6F5A79A79B6708!6203.entry

girlies_gems

Apr 10, 2009, 11:51:01 AM4/10/09
Hi, it works fine for loading to hotmail but I need to get the picture from
my documents>my pictures to either yahoo email or to my website at
www.artfire.com. They load but they never finish. I ust ran my son into town
which is 7 miles away and the picture is still loading at
girlie...@yahoo.com. Anything else I can do? I did all of your steps.

Thanks, Shelly

girlies_gems

Apr 10, 2009, 12:34:01 PM4/10/09
Another question...I just pulled up my stats and I still have IE6, my son
just got his computer fixed and they loaded IE7 on it---could that be what is
causing my problems in not loading pics? We are connected via network on my
computer.

"girlies_gems" wrote:

> Hi, it works fine for loading to hotmail but I need to get the picture from
> my documents>my pictures to either yahoo email or to my website at

> www.artfire.com. They load but they never finish. I just ran my son into town

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Apr 10, 2009, 2:12:07 PM4/10/09
There's quite a bit of confusion here (at least for us), primarily because
you hijacked someone else's earlier thread (Yvon's, which was about Hotmail)
instead of beginning your own, new thread.

Please state your IE version and full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3;
Vista SP1) when posting to this newsgroup.

Are you an MSN Premium subscriber or do you have an MSN Partner account
through your ISP?

Have you installed and are you in fact using the "MSN (AKA Windows Live)
Photo Upload Tool"?

<QP>
The photo upload tool is designed to allow you to upload pictures in a
dedicated storage assigned to your [MSN] space [AKA Windows Live Spaces
now]. You can rearange these photos into albums and arrange them in the
order you want them to be displayed. You can also choose which pictures you
do not wish to be made visible on your MSN [Windows Live] Spaces photo
album.
</QP>
Source:
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/wlspacesdev/thread/dab5f62d-1bf0-41b6-8355-31ef1a3176f0/
(Post #1)

Do you see anything in the quote above that mentions using the utility to
upload photos to websites or non-MSN/Hotmail email accounts?

Also see http://download.live.com/photogallery

PS: You should never use or post your real email address in a public
newsgroup or forum unless you fully understand the security implications of
doing so.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

girlies_gems wrote:
> Hi, it works fine for loading to hotmail but I need to get the picture
> from
> my documents>my pictures to either yahoo email or to my website at
> www.artfire.com. They load but they never finish. I ust ran my son into
> town
> which is 7 miles away and the picture is still loading at

> [MUNGE]@yahoo.com. Anything else I can do? I did all of your steps.

> Thanks, Shelly
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> HOW TO Optimize IE for Windows Live Hotmail
>> [NB: There are separate sections for IE6 and IE7 (incorrectly titled
>> "Windows Explorer 7"); the IE7 section applies to IE8]
>> http://emailsupport.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!5D6F5A79A79B6708!6203.entry
>>

>> girlies_gems wrote:
>>> Hi, I just downloaded IE 7 and avast virus program on XP and cannot get
>>> any
>>> photos to load to a website or via email. I downloaded this tool and the
>>> "image is still loading". I accepted all cookies and still ge the same
>>> response. Is ther anything else I can do?

ross salvato

Feb 17, 2012, 8:58:39 PM2/17/12
I cannot download the "msn photo down load tool"

Message has been deleted