unlock my email accout

Message has been deleted

Unknown

May 19, 2010, 1:16:08 PM5/19/10
hello every who can help me to unlock my email which has been closed, please i did nothing, and i have been using my email since 2007 up now and i look forward to continue using it, thanks

lori e wrote:

msn account still locked after 10 hours
12-Sep-07

Hi there anyone else who can help me.

I read the help files on unblocking accounts, and I had done the password recovery, waited overnight and I am still blocked.

Last night my MSN account was flooded by bots who sent me roughly 369 requests to add them to my contact list. I ended up quitting msn through task bar because my PC was locked up.

When I went to re-enter into my account, found it had been blocked. I have changed my password twice using the alternative email method, and I am still unable to access my account.

I have lodged 2 tickets with no reply from either, could I please have some assistance? Any suggestions on what else I need to do?

On Tuesday, July 31, 2007 10:00 AM
seeker0 wrote:

will Microsoft unlock my hotmail account?
hi there,
because i kept typing wrong password for my another hotmail account today at
5pm, will microsoft eventually unlock the account? unfortunately because that
account was not set a alternate secondary email address, so i guess that's
why i was not able to send a request to reset my password. how how how
Microsoft? i am very scared that i am not able to read those messages again.
i used this account a lot but just bad luck today for some reason.
please help, thanks to one who knows the answer.

On Tuesday, July 31, 2007 5:34 PM
StephenB wrote:

Re: will Microsoft unlock my hotmail account?
seeker01 <seek...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

From https://account.live.com/HelpCentral.aspx?mkt=en-us

To reset your password by providing location information and the answer to your
secret question:
On any Windows Live website or service sign-in page, click Forgot your password.
Enter your Windows Live ID, type the characters you see in the Picture box, and
then click Continue.
Click Use my location information and secret answer to verify my identity.
In the Country/Region list, select the name of your country or region , select
your state, and then type your ZIP code ( The postal code system that is used in
the United States. The ZIP code consists of a series of digits that are added to
a postal address. The ZIP code is used to identify each postal delivery area for
the purpose of sorting mail.) or postal code ( A series of letters and/or digits
that are added to a postal address and used by the postal service for the
purpose of sorting mail.) if you?re prompted to do so. In the Question area in
the Secret Answer box, type your answer to the question.
Click Continue.
Enter and confirm a new password, and then click Continue.
If prompted, enter an alternate e-mail address (An alternate e-mail address is a
secondary e-mail address registered with your Windows Live credentials. In the
event that you forget your password, you can request to have the password reset
information sent to your alternate e-mail address) and click Continue or click
Skip to bypass this step.
On the You've changed your password page, click Sign in to Windows Live.

*and*

Multiple attempts at signing in with the incorrect password might cause your
account to become blocked. If your account becomes blocked, you will be asked to
Match the characters in the picture and sign in again.
If you reset your password or question and secret answer (A question and secret
answer is a feature that allows you to choose a question from a select list and
enter your personal answer to that question. In the event that you forget your
password, you can verify your identity by providing Windows Live with some
limited profile information and the correct answer to your secret question) at
approximately the same time you started experiencing sign-in issues, you need to
allow for the reset to take affect. Please wait 10 minutes before trying to sign
in again.

If you need technical support for LiveID (Passport) -
http://support.live.com/eform.aspx?productKey=wlid&page=wlsupport_home_options_form_byemail&ct=eformts

-steve

--
Stephen Boots
MVP Windows Live

On Wednesday, September 12, 2007 10:04 PM
lori e wrote:

msn account still locked after 10 hours
Hi there anyone else who can help me.

I read the help files on unblocking accounts, and I had done the password recovery, waited overnight and I am still blocked.

Last night my MSN account was flooded by bots who sent me roughly 369 requests to add them to my contact list. I ended up quitting msn through task bar because my PC was locked up.

When I went to re-enter into my account, found it had been blocked. I have changed my password twice using the alternative email method, and I am still unable to access my account.

I have lodged 2 tickets with no reply from either, could I please have some assistance? Any suggestions on what else I need to do?

On Wednesday, April 23, 2008 6:31 AM
Mohamed Abdulqadir wrote:

Help from msn hotmail
As i was using my account i tried to login into some website with my username and password soon after 8 hours it was locked. I was using it for 6 years it never did like this.
So please help me for this problem.

On Wednesday, April 23, 2008 1:17 PM
StephenB wrote:

Re: Help from msn hotmail
Mohamed Abdulqadir wrote:

http://support.live.com - select Windows Live Hotmail or Windows Live Account/ID
from the list if it doesn't unlock in 24 hours.
-steve
--
Stephen Boots
Microsoft MVP - Windows Live

On Wednesday, April 23, 2008 1:51 PM
PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:

Hotmail Support
https://support.live.com/default.aspx?productkey=wlmail
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net

Mohamed Abdulqadir wrote:

On Monday, June 30, 2008 9:16 PM
Kelly Matlock wrote:

Locked out of Hotmail for 2 weeks
I'm at my wits end. I've been locked out of my hotmail account for 2 weeks. My problem intensified when I entered the wrong "location information" in order to retrieve my password. I entered my current location (San Diego, CA) instead of the region where I began my account (Boulder, CO). I am now entering the correct location (and I have been for the last 11 days), but the only message I get says "Your account has been blocked, please try again in the future".
I do not have an alternate hotmail account where the password can be sent.
Please help, thank you!

On Tuesday, July 21, 2009 1:48 PM
Zamir Ahmad wrote:

to unlock the a/c
You are required to be a member to post replies. After logging in or becoming a member, you will be redirected back to this page.

On Thursday, April 29, 2010 8:36 PM
carol allen wrote:

lock out for two weeks on the hot mail account
i enter the wrong e-mail or password and i have been lock out i can not remember my question either because i have had this e-mail address for years and never had to use it please help carol

Excel 2007 Filter Tool
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/ae703d26-58da-423a-a2cb-1f3a46fbea8f/excel-2007-filter-tool.aspx

...winston

May 19, 2010, 9:22:30 PM5/19/10
Fyi..you responded to a 3 yr old thread..

If your account is an Msn.com premium account you should contact support.msn.com or your msn partner provider(Qwest, Verizon, Bell
etc)

If a free Hotmail, Live, or Msn.com account...
No one in this forum can address an account closure or locked issue. Only Microsoft Live Support personnel have that power.

All support Live Services(Hotmail, Live, Msn.com) is handled by the Windows Live Solution Center
Windows Live Solution Center FAQs
http://windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solutionid=e2b2292c-2f10-4c7e-8785-e1d898ece45d

1.Windows Live Hotmail Support
Windows Live Solution Center for Hotmail
http://windowslivehelp.com/product.aspx?productid=1
Windows Live Hotmail Forums
http://windowslivehelp.com/forums.aspx?productid=1
Windows Live Hotmail Solutions
http://windowslivehelp.com/solutions.aspx?productid=1

2. Windows Live ID Support
Windows Live Solution Center for Windows Live ID
Windows Live ID Portal Home Page
http://windowslivehelp.com/product.aspx?productid=10
Windows Live ID Forums
http://windowslivehelp.com/forums.aspx?productid=10
Windows Live ID Solutions
http://windowslivehelp.com/solutions.aspx?productid=10

For 1 and/or 2...
If a solution is not available in the Forums/Solutions area then click 'Ask A Question'
- requires sign on with your Windows Live ID, registration, and creation of a username
- Live ID username is **Not** visible to the public

3. Reset Password
https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx?

4. Close A Hotmail account
http://mail.live.com/mail/CloseAccountConfirmation.aspx
- login with the username/pw, then click close
<qp>
To deactivate your Windows Live Hotmail account, click Close account.
All stored messages are permanently deleted and incoming e-mail is refused.
Your e-mail address is reserved for 270 days after closing your account.
After that time, it may become available for other people to use.
To reactivate your account once you have closed it, sign in within 270 days.
</qp>

Additional info with comments
http://windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solutionid=d18cf147-9867-49de-a60c-aae81982a54e

5. Cancel a Live ID
https://account.live.com/CloseAccount.aspx

Note:
- if pursuing 4 and 5, 4 must be done before 5 or the process will fail.
- if pursuing 4 and 5 for a Hotmail Plus account, read step 7 in entirety.

--
...winston
ms-mvp mail

sammie dent

Nov 12, 2010, 6:12:13 AM11/12/10
hi can u help me my msn wont let me logo in to msn

najerline polo perez

Jul 23, 2011, 12:20:49 PM7/23/11
naya

> On Tuesday, July 31, 2007 10:00 AM seeker0 wrote:

> hi there,
> because i kept typing wrong password for my another hotmail account today at
> 5pm, will microsoft eventually unlock the account? unfortunately because that
> account was not set a alternate secondary email address, so i guess that's
> why i was not able to send a request to reset my password. how how how
> Microsoft? i am very scared that i am not able to read those messages again.
> i used this account a lot but just bad luck today for some reason.
> please help, thanks to one who knows the answer.

>> On Tuesday, July 31, 2007 5:34 PM StephenB wrote:

>> seeker01 <seek...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>

>> From https://account.live.com/HelpCentral.aspx?mkt=en-us
>>
>> To reset your password by providing location information and the answer to your
>> secret question:
>> On any Windows Live website or service sign-in page, click Forgot your password.
>> Enter your Windows Live ID, type the characters you see in the Picture box, and
>> then click Continue.
>> Click Use my location information and secret answer to verify my identity.
>> In the Country/Region list, select the name of your country or region , select
>> your state, and then type your ZIP code ( The postal code system that is used in
>> the United States. The ZIP code consists of a series of digits that are added to
>> a postal address. The ZIP code is used to identify each postal delivery area for
>> the purpose of sorting mail.) or postal code ( A series of letters and/or digits
>> that are added to a postal address and used by the postal service for the

>> purpose of sorting mail.) if you’re prompted to do so. In the Question area in

najerline polo perez

Jul 23, 2011, 12:24:05 PM7/23/11
naya

> On Tuesday, July 31, 2007 10:00 AM seeker0 wrote:

> hi there,
> because i kept typing wrong password for my another hotmail account today at
> 5pm, will microsoft eventually unlock the account? unfortunately because that
> account was not set a alternate secondary email address, so i guess that's
> why i was not able to send a request to reset my password. how how how
> Microsoft? i am very scared that i am not able to read those messages again.
> i used this account a lot but just bad luck today for some reason.
> please help, thanks to one who knows the answer.

>> On Tuesday, July 31, 2007 5:34 PM StephenB wrote:

>> seeker01 <seek...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>

>> From https://account.live.com/HelpCentral.aspx?mkt=en-us
>>
>> To reset your password by providing location information and the answer to your
>> secret question:
>> On any Windows Live website or service sign-in page, click Forgot your password.
>> Enter your Windows Live ID, type the characters you see in the Picture box, and
>> then click Continue.
>> Click Use my location information and secret answer to verify my identity.
>> In the Country/Region list, select the name of your country or region , select
>> your state, and then type your ZIP code ( The postal code system that is used in
>> the United States. The ZIP code consists of a series of digits that are added to
>> a postal address. The ZIP code is used to identify each postal delivery area for
>> the purpose of sorting mail.) or postal code ( A series of letters and/or digits
>> that are added to a postal address and used by the postal service for the

>> purpose of sorting mail.) if you�re prompted to do so. In the Question area in

terry wilkinson

Aug 2, 2011, 4:38:39 AM8/2/11
my hotmail account is still blocked after 1 day

StephenB

Aug 2, 2011, 6:05:09 AM8/2/11
The following was posted to the Microsoft.* newsgroups repeatedly:
Effective June 1, 2010 this newsgroup will be closed.

Where Should I go with the Closure of this Newsgroup?
Microsoft has a large selection of forums, many of which cover either the
same or closely related technologies to the ones found in the newsgroups.
The forums have seen amazing growth and are an excellent place to continue
the discussion. We recommend that you start with
http://windowslivehelp.com/
Sorry to read that you are having problems with your Hotmail account.
I don�t work for Microsoft or Hotmail, but am a fellow user. Only Hotmail
Support can assist you if the usual password reset means do not work.

The account has likely been blocked for one of two reasons � someone has tried
to log in too many times with an incorrect password or Microsoft detected
activity on the account that indicated that the account was compromised � that
is, someone was using the account to send out spam.

This post is the one you want for a blocked account:
http://windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solutionid=6ea0c7b3-1473-4176-b03f-145b951dcb41

You need to go to #3 since you cannot access the account.
That sends you here:
https://account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx

There are 3 choices on that page, select the 3rd one.
Follow the instructions and links there.

I believe that you will end up at a page where you will enter your LiveID and
will then need to type in the characters from the CAPTCHA image to proceed.

You will then have 3 options:
Email a reset link
Security Question
Customer Support

The first two will likely not work if your account was compromised as you
believe.
So, you�ll select the 3rd option which will present you with a link.
That is the Windows Live Recovery process.
You need to carefully enter your information and provide as much data as
possible to *prove* without a doubt that the account is yours.
Once you fill in the form, you will arrive at a page where you are provided with
a PIN number. Write that PIN number down and do not lose it as you will need it
for the next step which could take 24 hours or more.
If you didn�t provide enough information on the form to verify your ownership,
you will get a reply denying the request *at your alternate contact address
provided in the first step.* If you provided enough information, you will get an
email with instructions on how to reset your account password with that PIN.

When you go through the reset form and arrive at the page with the PIN, you have
the option to contact Support. What you do is copy that PIN, check the little
box on the form and then click the button to contact support. This will launch a
forum post that uses your PIN to create a temporary user and it copies the form
data into the post. You can then click Reply and type a message to the Support
agent that will handle your case. You can provide as much additional information
in that reply as you want to help your case in recovering the account.

Assuming you are successful, immediately after logging in, go to your account
information and update all of your security information � security questions,
alternate email address, cell phone, trusted computer, etc. to make recovery
easy in the future.

-steve

terry wilkinson <tedwil...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>my hotmail account is still blocked after 1 day

--

Stephen Boots
MVP Windows Live

Windows Live OneCare/Live Mesh/MSE Forums Moderator
sbo...@mvps.org

N. Miller

Aug 2, 2011, 12:23:21 PM8/2/11
On Tue, 02 Aug 2011 06:05:09 -0400, StephenB wrote:

> The following was posted to the Microsoft.* newsgroups repeatedly:
> Effective June 1, 2010 this newsgroup will be closed.

If this newsgroup is closed, how is it that I can post here?

It isn't the newsgroup that closed, just 'msnews.microsoft.com'. I can still
get here through 'nntp.aioe.org', 'news.eternal-september.org', and
'news.sonic.net'. Among others.

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come

StephenB

Aug 2, 2011, 8:31:31 PM8/2/11
You got me there, Norman. :-)
I need to update the text I just started using in these newsgroups.
You are 100% correct. The "official" feed of these newsgroups, originating from
the hosting server that was run by Microsoft has been shut down. These
newsgroups are not widely carried any longer. They will appear on servers that
do not honor the cancel group message. Eventually, more news server providers
will stop carrying them as traffic dies down. More and more peering arrangements
between NSPs are falling by the wayside for these groups, meaning that message
propagation will be sporadic and threads may be incomplete for some people --
missing messages -- depending on the server that the message originated from.
I can currently access these newsgroups via 2 providers, Newsguy and Easynews.
-steve

StephenB

Aug 31, 2011, 9:17:14 PM8/31/11
Kay Robinson <Kay_Ro...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>On Tue, 02 Aug 2011 06:05:09 -0400, StephenB <sbo...@mvps.org>
>sharpened a new quill and scratched:

>>The following was posted to the Microsoft.* newsgroups repeatedly:
>>Effective June 1, 2010 this newsgroup will be closed.
>>
>>Where Should I go with the Closure of this Newsgroup?
>>Microsoft has a large selection of forums, many of which cover either the
>>same or closely related technologies to the ones found in the newsgroups.
>>The forums have seen amazing growth and are an excellent place to continue
>>the discussion. We recommend that you start with
>

>As ascii text newsgroups are and always will be the fastest, less
>resource hungry, way of asking a simple question and getting an answer
>I see no need for M$ to switch to a resource hungry web based system
>where one usually has to trawl through page after page to even find a
>place to ask a question, often needing the enquirer to 'register'
>first. Broadband is already slowing down with the number of computer
>users watching movies, playing on-line games, listening to music and
>myriad other ways of using more and more of the available bandwidth.
>
>Of course web pages keep easier track of users, can brainwash their
>minds with endless advertising etc. That's where the attraction is to
>webmasters of commercial sites, bringing in revenue from those who
>really believe that users searching for information actually take
>notice of the pesky rubbish.
>
>If you wanted to ask your local store a question, or get an answer to
>that question, you could write it in the form of a ditty, or even an
>opera, and, depending on your talents, you make get applause. But you
>only get those that are waiting their turn to dislike you intensly.
>
>The term used to be KISS, keep it simple, saving time, frustration and
>getting more satisfied customers instead of losing them to rivals.
>After thirty years of seeing M$ eat more and more of the resources
>that the engineers helpfully keep increasing for us, my ancient DOS
>based computer with 512k memory and a 20mb HD can still run databases
>faster that my present setup. No pictures and video of course but one
>doesn't need those to ask and get answers to the sort of problems
>found in this newsgroup.
>
>Kay

Kay:
I don't disagree that the loss of these newsgroups to a web interface is
unfortunate. In my opinion, there was and is room for both to be officially
hosted by Microsoft. The vast majority of users of Hotmail/MSN/Windows Live are
not using nntp, though. As long as my providers carry these newsgroups I will
keep an eye and lend a hand or provide direction when I can. There are others in
the fairly active Windows Live Mail newsgroup (and I am sure many others that I
don't follow) doing the same -- even if these newsgroups are not widely carried
or peered.
For all Live ID (usually Hotmail) account and sign-in issues, the *only* path to
Support is through the forums and associated resources. In the
WindowsLiveHelp.com forums, Support techs can initiate a secure/private
discussion that can only occur between Support and the customer. It is more
efficient and reliable than email Support (and surely less costly that phone
Support, though I lament the fact that there is no phone support for the free
LiveID/Hotmail users at all).
-steve

ayub roble

Oct 26, 2011, 2:53:22 AM10/26/11
I wonder how to unlock my email account. I am in a dire need for your assistance.

> On Tuesday, July 31, 2007 10:00 AM seeker0 wrote:

> hi there,
> because i kept typing wrong password for my another hotmail account today at
> 5pm, will microsoft eventually unlock the account? unfortunately because that
> account was not set a alternate secondary email address, so i guess that's
> why i was not able to send a request to reset my password. how how how
> Microsoft? i am very scared that i am not able to read those messages again.
> i used this account a lot but just bad luck today for some reason.
> please help, thanks to one who knows the answer.

>> On Tuesday, July 31, 2007 5:34 PM StephenB wrote:

>> seeker01 <seek...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>

>> From https://account.live.com/HelpCentral.aspx?mkt=en-us
>>
>> To reset your password by providing location information and the answer to your
>> secret question:
>> On any Windows Live website or service sign-in page, click Forgot your password.
>> Enter your Windows Live ID, type the characters you see in the Picture box, and
>> then click Continue.
>> Click Use my location information and secret answer to verify my identity.
>> In the Country/Region list, select the name of your country or region , select
>> your state, and then type your ZIP code ( The postal code system that is used in
>> the United States. The ZIP code consists of a series of digits that are added to
>> a postal address. The ZIP code is used to identify each postal delivery area for
>> the purpose of sorting mail.) or postal code ( A series of letters and/or digits
>> that are added to a postal address and used by the postal service for the
>> purpose of sorting mail.) if you’re prompted to do so. In the Question area in

StephenB

Oct 26, 2011, 6:09:30 AM10/26/11
ayub roble <ayuu...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I wonder how to unlock my email account. I am in a dire need for your assistance.
Sorry to read that you are having problems with your Hotmail account.
I don’t work for Microsoft or Hotmail, but am a fellow user. Only Hotmail
Support can assist you if the usual password reset means do not work.

This newsgroup exists only on news servers that do not honor the remove group
message. It is no longer originated on a Microsoft news server.

The following was posted to the Microsoft.* newsgroups repeatedly:

"Effective June 1, 2010 this newsgroup will be closed.
Where Should I go with the Closure of this Newsgroup?
Microsoft has a large selection of forums, many of which cover either the
same or closely related technologies to the ones found in the newsgroups.
The forums have seen amazing growth and are an excellent place to continue
the discussion. We recommend that you start with
http://windowslivehelp.com/"

The account has likely been blocked for one of two reasons – someone has tried
to log in too many times with an incorrect password or Microsoft detected
activity on the account that indicated that the account was compromised – that
is, someone was using the account to send out spam.

This post is the one you want for a blocked account:
http://windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solutionid=6ea0c7b3-1473-4176-b03f-145b951dcb41

You need to go to #3 since you cannot access the account.
That sends you here:
https://account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx

Follow the instructions and links there.

If, after receiving a response from Support with the password reset, you still
cannot access the account, please post to the Windows Live forum for Account
issues: http://windowslivehelp.com