Email locked, unknown reason for it.

Message has been deleted

Joshua Hui

Oct 3, 2010, 12:42:38 PM10/3/10
My case is similar to the other victims who have complained to hotmail or msn about their account being locked for unspecified reasons or reasons not known to them.

I had tried all methods listed in hotmail/msn but to no avail. The reset password section is more useless then it seems unless you have an alternate email (which i have and it seems to be be blocked too, for god's sake or maybe i have forgotten the password to it)

PLEASE unlock my account so i can view the important documents for my work and studies, urgent!

Email: joshua...@hotmail.com

Please help, thanks!

Book Review: Google Analytics
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/a855a620-50a8-487c-9fac-b85f8fda2442/book-review-google-analytics.aspx

StephenB

Oct 3, 2010, 7:12:11 PM10/3/10
Support, help, and discussion for Hotmail can be found at
http://windowslivehelp.com

If you cannot reset the password through the usual means, see this page for
information on how to get help with it:
https://windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solutionid=bf5d34bf-db28-44ca-ac9a-93838d81b2d6
There is a form to use that Support will act on, but it can take more than a day
for them to deal with it. Be sure to enter both the account you cannot access
and another account where they can reach you. Once you regain access to the
account be sure to set an alternate email address and secret questions and
answers for account security at http://account.live.com

You may also want to review these posts:
https://windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solutionid=6ea0c7b3-1473-4176-b03f-145b951dcb41

https://windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solutionid=91b88c76-30ec-4879-9c72-0dd425a5b5f3

And also these blog entries from the Windows Live team:
http://windowsteamblog.com/windows_live/b/windowslive/archive/2010/09/27/hotmail-security-updates-protect-you-from-account-hijackers.aspx

http://windowslivewire.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!2F7EB29B42641D59!42740.entry

-steve

Joshua Hui <joshua...@hotmail.com> wrote:

--
Stephen Boots
MVP Windows Live

Judie Edlin

Oct 13, 2010, 9:44:42 PM10/13/10
for some reason a new account was created that has none of my information in it...contacts, folders, etc.

> [...]

>> the United States. The ZIP code consists of a series of digits that are added to
>> a postal address. The ZIP code is used to identify each postal delivery area for
>> the purpose of sorting mail.) or postal code ( A series of letters and/or digits
>> that are added to a postal address and used by the postal service for the
>> purpose of sorting mail.) if you?re prompted to do so. In the Question area in
>> the Secret Answer box, type your answer to the question.
>> Click Continue.
>> Enter and confirm a new password, and then click Continue.
>> If prompted, enter an alternate e-mail address (An alternate e-mail address is a
>> secondary e-mail address registered with your Windows Live credentials. In the
>> event that you forget your password, you can request to have the password reset
>> information sent to your alternate e-mail address) and click Continue or click
>> Skip to bypass this step.
>> On the You've changed your password page, click Sign in to Windows Live.
>>
>> *and*
>>
>> Multiple attempts at signing in with the incorrect password might cause your
>> account to become blocked. If your account becomes blocked, you will be asked to
>> Match the characters in the picture and sign in again.
>> If you reset your password or question and secret answer (A question and secret
>> answer is a feature that allows you to choose a question from a select list and
>> enter your personal answer to that question. In the event that you forget your
>> password, you can verify your identity by providing Windows Live with some
>> limited profile information and the correct answer to your secret question) at
>> approximately the same time you started experiencing sign-in issues, you need to
>> allow for the reset to take affect. Please wait 10 minutes before trying to sign
>> in again.
>>
>> If you need technical support for LiveID (Passport) -
>> http://support.live.com/eform.aspx?productKey=wlid&page=wlsupport_home_options_form_byemail&ct=eformts
>>
>> -steve

>> --
>> Stephen Boots
>> MVP Windows Live

>> Windows Live OneCare Forum Moderator
>> sbo...@mvps.org

>>> On Wednesday, September 12, 2007 10:04 PM lori e wrote:

>>> Hi there anyone else who can help me.
>>>

>>> I read the help files on unblocking accounts, and I had done the password recovery, waited overnight and I am still blocked.
>>>

>>> Last night my MSN account was flooded by bots who sent me roughly 369 requests to add them to my contact list. I ended up quitting msn through task bar because my PC was locked up.
>>>

>>> When I went to re-enter into my account, found it had been blocked. I have changed my password twice using the alternative email method, and I am still unable to access my account.
>>>

>>> I have lodged 2 tickets with no reply from either, could I please have some assistance? Any suggestions on what else I need to do?

Judie Edlin

Oct 13, 2010, 9:48:02 PM10/13/10
For some reason a new hotmail account was created that had none of my information in it, i.e. contacts, folders, etc. I was blocked out of my email account logged into my live.com account, reset password, and now I can't find my old account. This l happend 4 days after being locked out of hotmail entirely.

StephenB

Oct 14, 2010, 7:39:04 PM10/14/10
This is a "dead" newsgroup, no longer hosted by Microsoft and only existing on
servers that didn't honor the remove message sent when the groups were shut down
by Microsoft. (Such as the crappy site that you found this ancient thread on.)

Help and Support for Windows Live Hotmail can be found at
http://windowslivehelp.com/product.aspx?productid=1

Judie Edlin <judi...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>For some reason a new hotmail account was created that had none of my information in it, i.e. contacts, folders, etc. I was blocked out of my email account logged into my live.com account, reset password, and now I can't find my old account. This l happend 4 days after being locked out of hotmail entirely.

--

Stephen Boots
MVP Windows Live

nandhini s

Jan 3, 2011, 8:55:59 AM1/3/11
unknown person using my email thats why iam asking pls lock my email

>> --
>> Stephen Boots
>> MVP Windows Live

N. Miller

Jan 3, 2011, 4:53:11 PM1/3/11
On Mon, 03 Jan 2011 13:55:59 GMT, nandhini s wrote:

> unknown person using my email thats why iam asking pls lock my email

It is very unlikely that anybody reading this group has the power to do
anything with any Windows Live account. MS has never provided official
support through the NNTP services (their newsgroups were peer-to-peer
self-help oriented), and more recently shut them down.

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come

StephenB

Jan 3, 2011, 7:13:54 PM1/3/11

samantha edwards

Aug 14, 2011, 10:07:32 AM8/14/11
hi i need a code to unblock my msn account please help me

> On Tuesday, July 31, 2007 10:00 AM seeker0 wrote:

> hi there,
> because i kept typing wrong password for my another hotmail account today at
> 5pm, will microsoft eventually unlock the account? unfortunately because that
> account was not set a alternate secondary email address, so i guess that's
> why i was not able to send a request to reset my password. how how how
> Microsoft? i am very scared that i am not able to read those messages again.
> i used this account a lot but just bad luck today for some reason.
> please help, thanks to one who knows the answer.

>> On Tuesday, July 31, 2007 5:34 PM StephenB wrote:

>> seeker01 <seek...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>

>> From https://account.live.com/HelpCentral.aspx?mkt=en-us
>>
>> To reset your password by providing location information and the answer to your
>> secret question:
>> On any Windows Live website or service sign-in page, click Forgot your password.
>> Enter your Windows Live ID, type the characters you see in the Picture box, and
>> then click Continue.
>> Click Use my location information and secret answer to verify my identity.
>> In the Country/Region list, select the name of your country or region , select
>> your state, and then type your ZIP code ( The postal code system that is used in
>> the United States. The ZIP code consists of a series of digits that are added to
>> a postal address. The ZIP code is used to identify each postal delivery area for
>> the purpose of sorting mail.) or postal code ( A series of letters and/or digits
>> that are added to a postal address and used by the postal service for the

>> purpose of sorting mail.) if you�re prompted to do so. In the Question area in

StephenB

Aug 14, 2011, 5:30:36 PM8/14/11
This newsgroup exists only on news servers that do not honor the remove group
message. It is no longer originated on a Microsoft news server.

The following was posted to the Microsoft.* newsgroups repeatedly:

"Effective June 1, 2010 this newsgroup will be closed.
Where Should I go with the Closure of this Newsgroup?
Microsoft has a large selection of forums, many of which cover either the
same or closely related technologies to the ones found in the newsgroups.
The forums have seen amazing growth and are an excellent place to continue
the discussion. We recommend that you start with
http://windowslivehelp.com/"

If you are paying MSN account holder, you can also seek help at
http://answers.msn.com

Sorry to read that you are having problems with your Hotmail account.
I don’t work for Microsoft or Hotmail, but am a fellow user. Only Hotmail
Support can assist you if the usual password reset means do not work.

The account has likely been blocked for one of two reasons – someone has tried
to log in too many times with an incorrect password or Microsoft detected
activity on the account that indicated that the account was compromised – that
is, someone was using the account to send out spam.

This post is the one you want for a blocked account:
http://windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solutionid=6ea0c7b3-1473-4176-b03f-145b951dcb41

You need to go to #3 since you cannot access the account.
That sends you here:
https://account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx

There are 3 choices on that page, select the 3rd one.
Follow the instructions and links there.

I believe that you will end up at a page where you will enter your LiveID and
will then need to type in the characters from the CAPTCHA image to proceed.

You will then have 3 options:
Email a reset link
Security Question
Customer Support

The first two will likely not work if your account was compromised as you
believe.
So, you’ll select the 3rd option which will present you with a link.
That is the Windows Live Recovery process.
You need to carefully enter your information and provide as much data as
possible to *prove* without a doubt that the account is yours.
Once you fill in the form, you will arrive at a page where you are provided with
a PIN number. Write that PIN number down and do not lose it as you will need it
for the next step which could take 24 hours or more.
If you didn’t provide enough information on the form to verify your ownership,
you will get a reply denying the request *at your alternate contact address
provided in the first step.* If you provided enough information, you will get an
email with instructions on how to reset your account password with that PIN.

When you go through the reset form and arrive at the page with the PIN, you have
the option to contact Support. What you do is copy that PIN, check the little
box on the form and then click the button to contact support. This will launch a
forum post that uses your PIN to create a temporary user and it copies the form
data into the post. You can then click Reply and type a message to the Support
agent that will handle your case. You can provide as much additional information
in that reply as you want to help your case in recovering the account.

Assuming you are successful, immediately after logging in, go to your account
information and update all of your security information – security questions,
alternate email address, cell phone, trusted computer, etc. to make recovery
easy in the future.

-steve

Lattanaxai Khamsida

Sep 1, 2011, 11:10:11 PM9/1/11
please I need to unlock this acount

StephenB

Sep 2, 2011, 6:03:49 AM9/2/11
Lattanaxai Khamsida <latta...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>please I need to unlock this acount

Sorry to read that you are having problems with your Hotmail account.

I don’t work for Microsoft or Hotmail, but am a fellow user. Only Hotmail

Support can assist you if the usual password reset means do not work.

The account has likely been blocked for one of two reasons – someone has tried

to log in too many times with an incorrect password or Microsoft detected

activity on the account that indicated that the account was compromised – that

is, someone was using the account to send out spam.

You need to go to #3 since you cannot access the account.
That sends you here:
https://account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx

Follow the instructions and links there.

If, after receiving a response from Support with the password reset, you still
cannot access the account, please post to the Windows Live forum for Account
issues: http://windowslivehelp.com

Assuming you are successful, immediately after logging in, go to your account

information and update all of your security information – security questions,

alternate email address, cell phone, trusted computer, etc. to make recovery
easy in the future.

-steve

--
Note that this newsgroup exists only on news servers that do not honor the

remove group message. It is no longer originated on a Microsoft news server.

The following was posted to the Microsoft.* newsgroups repeatedly:

"Effective June 1, 2010 this newsgroup will be closed.
Where Should I go with the Closure of this Newsgroup?
Microsoft has a large selection of forums, many of which cover either the
same or closely related technologies to the ones found in the newsgroups.
The forums have seen amazing growth and are an excellent place to continue
the discussion. We recommend that you start with
http://windowslivehelp.com/"

shiu narayan

Sep 3, 2011, 5:42:13 PM9/3/11
unblock me from my email

>> --
>> Stephen Boots
>> MVP Windows Live

StephenB

Sep 4, 2011, 10:34:25 AM9/4/11
shiu narayan <sh...@live.com.au> wrote:

>unblock me from my email

Sorry to read that you are having problems with your Hotmail account.
I don’t work for Microsoft or Hotmail, but am a fellow user. Only Hotmail

Support can assist you if the usual password reset means do not work.

The account has likely been blocked for one of two reasons – someone has tried

to log in too many times with an incorrect password or Microsoft detected

activity on the account that indicated that the account was compromised – that

is, someone was using the account to send out spam.

You need to go to #3 since you cannot access the account.
That sends you here:
https://account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx

Follow the instructions and links there.

If, after receiving a response from Support with the password reset, you still
cannot access the account, please post to the Windows Live forum for Account
issues: http://windowslivehelp.com

Assuming you are successful, immediately after logging in, go to your account
information and update all of your security information – security questions,

alternate email address, cell phone, trusted computer, etc. to make recovery
easy in the future.

-steve

Note:

This newsgroup exists only on news servers that do not honor the remove group
message. It is no longer originated on a Microsoft news server.

The following was posted to the Microsoft.* newsgroups repeatedly:

"Effective June 1, 2010 this newsgroup will be closed.
Where Should I go with the Closure of this Newsgroup?
Microsoft has a large selection of forums, many of which cover either the
same or closely related technologies to the ones found in the newsgroups.
The forums have seen amazing growth and are an excellent place to continue
the discussion. We recommend that you start with
http://windowslivehelp.com/"

N. Miller

Sep 4, 2011, 1:54:04 PM9/4/11
On Sat, 03 Sep 2011 21:42:13 GMT, shiu narayan wrote:

> unblock me from my email

Post your username and password. We can't do anything without them. Well,
actually we can't do anything, anyway, because we aren't Microsoft.

Cody Cossairt

Sep 5, 2011, 9:34:24 PM9/5/11
My friend is locked out of his hotmail account and in turn his xbox live account. We have tried everything and need help unlocking the account. We have called Xbox support and they told us to come to the forums please if you can help please email me at sali...@hotmail.com

StephenB

Sep 6, 2011, 6:26:54 AM9/6/11
Cody Cossairt <sali...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>My friend is locked out of his hotmail account and in turn his xbox live account. We have tried everything and need help unlocking the account. We have called Xbox support and they told us to come to the forums please if you can help please email me at

They didn't say nntp newsgroup, they said forums. Which is unfortunate as they
should be able to deal with a LiveID issue at xbox support. (By the way, posting
your real email address to the newsgroups or forums is an invitation for
spammers and worse...)

Anyway:

http://windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solutionid=bf5d34bf-db28-44ca-ac9a-93838d81b2d6

There is a form to use that Support will act on, but it can take more than a day
for them to deal with it. Be sure to enter both the account you cannot access

and another account where they can reach you. When you submit the form, be sure
to provide as much information as possible to help validate that you are indeed
the account owner.

If your reset request via the form submission is denied due to incomplete
information, you can attempt to submit the form again, providing additional
information.

You can also post a message to the forum for LiveID issues and Support can
initiate a secure and private conversation on the forums with you. -
http://windowslivehelp.com

Once you regain access to the account be sure to set an alternate email address
and secret questions and answers for account security at http://account.live.com

You may also want to review this from the Windows Live team:
http://windowsteamblog.com/windows_live/b/windowslive/archive/2010/09/27/hotmail-security-updates-protect-you-from-account-hijackers.aspx

Good luck,

bheem chauhan

Sep 17, 2011, 10:32:57 AM9/17/11
PLEASE unlock my account so i can view the important documents for my work and studies, urgent!

my Id was bheemre...@hotmail.com
thank you very much
bheem
>> -steve
>>
>> --
>> Stephen Boots
>> MVP Windows Live

bheem chauhan

Sep 17, 2011, 10:32:58 AM9/17/11
PLEASE unlock my account so i can view the important documents for my work and studies, urgent!

bheem chauhan

Sep 17, 2011, 10:33:00 AM9/17/11
PLEASE unlock my account so i can view the important documents for my work and studies, urgent!

nospa...@newsguy.com

Sep 19, 2011, 10:40:50 PM9/19/11
On Sat, 17 Sep 2011 14:32:57 GMT, bheem chauhan
<bheem.chauhan@hotmailcom> wrote:

>PLEASE unlock my account so i can view the important documents for my work and studies, urgent!
>
>my Id was [deleted]
> thank you very much
>bheem

Posting your real email address in a newsgroup is a good way to get
spammed and also an invite for hacking, too, it would see,

[...]

P.S. This newsgroup exists only on news servers that do not honor the

l.ho...@gmail.com

Jan 12, 2014, 7:27:25 PM1/12/14
Message has been deleted

jonny5...@talktalk.net

Mar 8, 2014, 2:21:26 PM3/8/14
I've just paid a lot of money for an xbox one and find that my account has been locked. I've been a good customer with my xbox live account but the microsoft guy on the telephone says I won't be able to use my new xbox one for 30 days!!!! "30 DAYS" This is disgusting!!!! I've just paid over £400 for a new ornament!!!
They did say they would send me 1 months xbox live gold for free (as a sweetener) .....Then didn't!!!??
Very unhappy :(
Message has been deleted

seeker01

Jul 31, 2007, 10:00:06 AM7/31/07

Unknown

Apr 23, 2008, 6:31:55 AM4/23/08

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Apr 23, 2008, 1:51:35 PM4/23/08
Hotmail Support
https://support.live.com/default.aspx?productkey=wlmail
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Unknown

Jun 30, 2008, 9:16:06 PM6/30/08

...winston

Jun 30, 2008, 10:44:41 PM6/30/08

Hotmail Support
https://support.live.com/eform.aspx?productKey=wlmail&ct=eformts
- a free Hotmail account is entitled to email support

Hotmail Plus Support
https://support.live.com/default.aspx?productkey=wlmailplus
- A Hotmail Plus(subscription/fee-based) account is entitled to Chat, Email and Phone Support

Windows Live ID Support
https://support.live.com/eform.aspx?productKey=wlid&ct=eformts

--
...winston
ms-mvp mail

Unknown

Apr 29, 2010, 8:36:40 PM4/29/10
i enter the wrong e-mail or password and i have been lock out i can not remember my question either because i have had this e-mail address for years and never had to use it please help carol

Kelly Matlock wrote:

Locked out of Hotmail for 2 weeks
30-Jun-08

I'm at my wits end. I've been locked out of my hotmail account for 2 weeks. My problem intensified when I entered the wrong "location information" in order to retrieve my password. I entered my current location (San Diego, CA) instead of the region where I began my account (Boulder, CO). I am now entering the correct location (and I have been for the last 11 days), but the only message I get says "Your account has been blocked, please try again in the future".
I do not have an alternate hotmail account where the password can be sent.
Please help, thank you!

On Tuesday, July 31, 2007 10:00 AM
seeker0 wrote:

will Microsoft unlock my hotmail account?

On Tuesday, July 31, 2007 5:34 PM
StephenB wrote:

Re: will Microsoft unlock my hotmail account?
seeker01 <seek...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

From https://account.live.com/HelpCentral.aspx?mkt=en-us

[...]

msn account still locked after 10 hours

Hi there anyone else who can help me.

I read the help files on unblocking accounts, and I had done the password recovery, waited overnight and I am still blocked.

Last night my MSN account was flooded by bots who sent me roughly 369 requests to add them to my contact list. I ended up quitting msn through task bar because my PC was locked up.

When I went to re-enter into my account, found it had been blocked. I have changed my password twice using the alternative email method, and I am still unable to access my account.

I have lodged 2 tickets with no reply from either, could I please have some assistance? Any suggestions on what else I need to do?

On Wednesday, April 23, 2008 6:31 AM
Mohamed Abdulqadir wrote:

Help from msn hotmail

As i was using my account i tried to login into some website with my username and password soon after 8 hours it was locked. I was using it for 6 years it never did like this.
So please help me for this problem.

On Wednesday, April 23, 2008 1:17 PM
StephenB wrote:

Re: Help from msn hotmail

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:

Hotmail Support
https://support.live.com/default.aspx?productkey=wlmail
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Mohamed Abdulqadir wrote:

On Monday, June 30, 2008 9:16 PM
Kelly Matlock wrote:

Locked out of Hotmail for 2 weeks

I'm at my wits end. I've been locked out of my hotmail account for 2 weeks. My problem intensified when I entered the wrong "location information" in order to retrieve my password. I entered my current location (San Diego, CA) instead of the region where I began my account (Boulder, CO). I am now entering the correct location (and I have been for the last 11 days), but the only message I get says "Your account has been blocked, please try again in the future".
I do not have an alternate hotmail account where the password can be sent.
Please help, thank you!

On Tuesday, July 21, 2009 1:48 PM
Zamir Ahmad wrote:

to unlock the a/c

You are required to be a member to post replies. After logging in or becoming a member, you will be redirected back to this page.

Get Silverlight 4 Installed: Tips and Tricks
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/05910e41-3846-4db9-8e1b-f54c56a64ed9/get-silverlight-4-install.aspx

StephenB

Unknown

Jun 5, 2010, 12:12:02 PM6/5/10

StephenB wrote:

Re: will Microsoft unlock my hotmail account?

31-Jul-07

seeker01 <seek...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

From https://account.live.com/HelpCentral.aspx?mkt=en-us

*and*

-steve

From https://account.live.com/HelpCentral.aspx?mkt=en-us

*and*

-steve

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Mohamed Abdulqadir wrote:

On Monday, June 30, 2008 9:16 PM

Kelly Matlock wrote:

Locked out of Hotmail for 2 weeks

I'm at my wits end. I've been locked out of my hotmail account for 2 weeks. My problem intensified when I entered the wrong "location information" in order to retrieve my password. I entered my current location (San Diego, CA) instead of the region where I began my account (Boulder, CO). I am now entering the correct location (and I have been for the last 11 days), but the only message I get says "Your account has been blocked, please try again in the future".
I do not have an alternate hotmail account where the password can be sent.
Please help, thank you!

On Tuesday, July 21, 2009 1:48 PM
Zamir Ahmad wrote:

to unlock the a/c
You are required to be a member to post replies. After logging in or becoming a member, you will be redirected back to this page.

On Thursday, April 29, 2010 8:36 PM
carol allen wrote:

lock out for two weeks on the hot mail account

i enter the wrong e-mail or password and i have been lock out i can not remember my question either because i have had this e-mail address for years and never had to use it please help carol

On Wednesday, May 19, 2010 1:16 PM
Geoffrey Joseph Kavuma wrote:

unlock my email accout

hello every who can help me to unlock my email which has been closed, please i did nothing, and i have been using my email since 2007 up now and i look forward to continue using it, thanks

WPF Binding Beyond the Limitation of Name Scopes
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/ef583104-e507-491d-b05f-49faac8854c8/wpf-binding-beyond-the-li.aspx

StephenB

Unknown

Jun 7, 2010, 7:24:25 PM6/7/10

StephenB wrote:

seeker01 <seek...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

From https://account.live.com/HelpCentral.aspx?mkt=en-us

*and*

-steve

From https://account.live.com/HelpCentral.aspx?mkt=en-us

*and*

-steve

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Mohamed Abdulqadir wrote:

On Monday, June 30, 2008 9:16 PM
Kelly Matlock wrote:

Locked out of Hotmail for 2 weeks
I'm at my wits end. I've been locked out of my hotmail account for 2 weeks. My problem intensified when I entered the wrong "location information" in order to retrieve my password. I entered my current location (San Diego, CA) instead of the region where I began my account (Boulder, CO). I am now entering the correct location (and I have been for the last 11 days), but the only message I get says "Your account has been blocked, please try again in the future".
I do not have an alternate hotmail account where the password can be sent.
Please help, thank you!

On Tuesday, July 21, 2009 1:48 PM

to unlock the a/c

carol allen wrote:

lock out for two weeks on the hot mail account
i enter the wrong e-mail or password and i have been lock out i can not remember my question either because i have had this e-mail address for years and never had to use it please help carol

On Wednesday, May 19, 2010 1:16 PM
Geoffrey Joseph Kavuma wrote:

unlock my email accout
hello every who can help me to unlock my email which has been closed, please i did nothing, and i have been using my email since 2007 up now and i look forward to continue using it, thanks

On Saturday, June 05, 2010 12:12 PM
cynthia carroll wrote:

please help me
please help me my husband hacked into my msn and my girlfriend changed the password for me while i was in the hospital now i cant get in at all it keeps saying wrong password and i am locked out it wont even let me get in with the secert answer i need this account back please help me

ASP.NET GridView: Select Row and Display Item Detail
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/ff14a008-2af9-4f9d-a09d-1af670466a80/aspnet-gridview-select.aspx

...winston

Jun 9, 2010, 1:16:51 AM6/9/10
If the account is a subscription account or a sub-account of an MSN Premium Plan contact MSN Support
- http://support.msn.com

If the Msn account is a free account contact the Windows Live Solution Center
- http://windowslivehelp.com

Windows Live Solution Center FAQs
<a
href="http://windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solutionid=e2b2292c-2f10-4c7e-8785-e1d898ece45d">http://windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solutionid=e2b2292c-2f10-4c7e-8785-e1d898ece45d</a>

1.Windows Live Hotmail Support
Windows Live Solution Center for Hotmail
Windows Live Hotmail Forums
Windows Live Hotmail Solutions

2. Windows Live ID Support
Windows Live Solution Center for Windows Live ID
Windows Live ID Portal Home Page
Windows Live ID Forums
Windows Live ID Solutions

For 1 and/or 2...
If a solution is not available in the Forums/Solutions area then click 'Ask A Question'
- requires sign on with a Windows Live ID, registration, and creation of a username
- Live ID username is **Not** visible to the public

-- ...winston
MS-MVP[Mail]

Unknown

Jun 9, 2010, 6:15:40 AM6/9/10

My email ptt...@hotmail.com is bulacked pl unbulacked this account

Linda Dake wrote:

blocked e-mail account
07-Jun-10

There is a problem with that scenario. My father remembered his password but msn for whatever reason decided it was the wrong one. His account is now blocked but he never set an alternate e-mail nor did he create a security question but one was generated for him. He has no idea what the answer to the security question was so he is unable to get into the account. Does MSN offer any other solution to his problem?
Sincerely,
Linda

Parallel Programming in C# 4.0: A Short Synopsis
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/047afdf6-61ab-4b85-9204-b0f20bdc955a/parallel-programming-in-c.aspx

...winston

Jun 9, 2010, 12:21:29 PM6/9/10
This is a public forum. Never post your real email address in a public forum

No one in this newsgroup can unblock an account. Support for blocked accounts can only be handled by Msft/Live Support Personnel.

Your account has been temporarily blocked
http://windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solutionid=f172cbee-3c73-4506-8a1d-4e6e82adb846

1.Windows Live Hotmail Support
Windows Live Solution Center for Hotmail

http://windowslivehelp.com/product.aspx?productid=1
Windows Live Hotmail Forums
http://windowslivehelp.com/forums.aspx?productid=1
Windows Live Hotmail Solutions
http://windowslivehelp.com/solutions.aspx?productid=1

2. Windows Live ID Support
Windows Live Solution Center for Windows Live ID
Windows Live ID Portal Home Page

http://windowslivehelp.com/product.aspx?productid=10
Windows Live ID Forums
http://windowslivehelp.com/forums.aspx?productid=10
Windows Live ID Solutions
http://windowslivehelp.com/solutions.aspx?productid=10

For 1 and/or 2...
If a solution is not available in the Forums/Solutions area then click 'Ask A Question'

- requires sign on with your Windows Live ID, registration, and creation of a username

- Live ID username is **Not** visible to the public

3. Reset Password
https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx?

4. Close A Hotmail account
http://mail.live.com/mail/CloseAccountConfirmation.aspx
- login with the username/pw, then click close
<qp>
To deactivate your Windows Live Hotmail account, click Close account.
All stored messages are permanently deleted and incoming e-mail is refused.
Your e-mail address is reserved for 270 days after closing your account.
After that time, it may become available for other people to use.
To reactivate your account once you have closed it, sign in within 270 days.
</qp>

Additional info with comments
http://windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solutionid=d18cf147-9867-49de-a60c-aae81982a54e

5. Cancel a Live ID
https://account.live.com/CloseAccount.aspx

Note:
- if pursuing 4 and 5, 4 must be done before 5 or the process will fail.
- if pursuing 4 and 5 for a Hotmail Plus account, read step 7 in entirety.

6. Signup
https://signup.live.com/signup.aspx?rollrs=12&lic=1

7. Hotmail Plus Support
https://support.live.com/default.aspx?productkey=wlmailplus
- A Hotmail Plus(subscription/fee-based) account is entitled to:
Customer Service: Chat, Email and Phone Support
Technical Support: Web Based(Windows Live Solution Center)
or
https://support.live.com/default.aspx?mkt=en-us&productkey=wlmailplus&wa=wsignin1.0
- signon and select from the options menu
or
https://support.live.com/signin.aspx?productKey=wlmailplus
- click on 'Sign In', enter full username/password, select from the options menu

--
...winston
ms-mvp mail

StephenB

StephenB

Jun 9, 2010, 5:17:30 PM6/9/10
pttoup pttoup wrote:

>My email ptt...@hotmail.com is bulacked pl unbulacked this account

Sorry to read that you are having problems with your Hotmail account. It is
possible that someone attempted to access your account or that your account has
been compromised and now you need to recover it. If you cannot reset the

password through the usual means, see this page for information on how to get
help with it:
https://windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solutionid=bf5d34bf-db28-44ca-ac9a-93838d81b2d6
There is a form to use that Support will act on, but it can take more than a day
for them to deal with it. Be sure to enter both the account you cannot access
and another account where they can reach you. Once you regain access to the
account be sure to set an alternate email address and secret questions and
answers for account security at http://account.live.com

You may also want to review this post:
https://windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solutionid=6ea0c7b3-1473-4176-b03f-145b951dcb41

And also this blog entry from the Windows Live team:
http://windowslivewire.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!2F7EB29B42641D59!42740.entry

-steve
--
Stephen Boots
MVP Windows Live

Kerrie Ng

Sep 28, 2010, 3:29:18 AM9/28/10
Hi, i have attempted several times to log in to my hotmail account. as it was the wrong password i was prompted to change password. thus, i have requested hotmail to send me a validation email before i can proceed to reset the password. *note tt my account has already been block before i reset my password due to too many attempts to log in*. After i reset my password i am still unable to log in using the new password, with the same error code that i have attempted too many times to sign in. PLEASE HELP to unblock my account. i've got too many important stuffs inside. tts my MSN ID as well.

>> -steve
>>
>> --
>> Stephen Boots
>> MVP Windows Live

>> Windows Live OneCare Forum Moderator
>> sbo...@mvps.org

>>> On Wednesday, September 12, 2007 10:04 PM lori e wrote:

>>> Hi there anyone else who can help me.
>>>

>>> I read the help files on unblocking accounts, and I had done the password recovery, waited overnight and I am still blocked.
>>>

>>> Last night my MSN account was flooded by bots who sent me roughly 369 requests to add them to my contact list. I ended up quitting msn through task bar because my PC was locked up.
>>>

>>> When I went to re-enter into my account, found it had been blocked. I have changed my password twice using the alternative email method, and I am still unable to access my account.
>>>

>>> I have lodged 2 tickets with no reply from either, could I please have some assistance? Any suggestions on what else I need to do?

Peter Foldes

Sep 28, 2010, 8:05:15 AM9/28/10
Copied from Winston MS MVP Mail

<snip>

Support for Hotmail and Live ID's is handled by the Windows Live Solution Center

Windows Live Solution Center FAQs

http://windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solutionid=e2b2292c-2f10-4c7e-8785-e1d898ece45d1.Windows Live Hotmail Support Windows Live Solution Center for Hotmail http://windowslivehelp.com/product.aspx?productid=1 Windows Live Hotmail Forums http://windowslivehelp.com/forums.aspx?productid=1 Windows Live Hotmail Solutions http://windowslivehelp.com/solutions.aspx?productid=12. Windows Live ID SupportWindows Live Solution Center for Windows Live ID Windows Live ID Portal Home Page http://windowslivehelp.com/product.aspx?productid=10 Windows Live ID Forums http://windowslivehelp.com/forums.aspx?productid=10 Windows Live ID Solutions http://windowslivehelp.com/solutions.aspx?productid=10For 1 and/or 2...If a solution is not available in the Forums/Solutions area then click 'Ask AQuestion' - requires sign on with your Windows Live ID, registration, and creation of ausername - Live ID username is **Not** visible to the public3. Reset Passwordhttps://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx?4. Close A Hotmail accounthttp://mail.live.com/mail/CloseAccountConfirmation.aspx - login with the username/pw, then click closeAdditional info with commentshttp://windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solutionid=d18cf147-9867-49de-a60c-aae81982a54e5. Cancel a Live IDhttps://account.live.com/CloseAccount.aspxNote: - if pursuing 4 and 5, 4 must be done before 5 or the process will fail. - if pursuing 4 and 5 for a Hotmail Plus account, read step 7 in entirety.6. Signuphttps://signup.live.com/signup.aspx?rollrs=12&lic=17. Hotmail Plus Supporthttps://support.live.com/default.aspx?productkey=wlmailplus- A Hotmail Plus(subscription/fee-based) account is entitled to: Customer Service: Chat, Email and Phone Support Technical Support: Web Based(Windows Live Solution Center)orhttps://support.live.com/default.aspx?mkt=en-us&productkey=wlmailplus&wa=wsignin1.0- signon and select from the options menuorhttps://support.live.com/signin.aspx?productKey=wlmailplus- click on 'Sign In', enter full username/password, select from the options menu<end snip>--PeterPlease Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of othersRequests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.http://www.microsoft.com/protect"Kerrie Ng" <kerr...@hotmail.com> wrote in messagenews:20109283...@eggheadcafe.com...> Hi, i have attempted several times to log in to my hotmail account. as it was thewrong password i was prompted to change password. thus, i have requested hotmail tosend me a validation email before i can proceed to reset the password. *note tt myaccount has already been block before i reset my password due to too many attemptsto log in*. After i reset my password i am still unable to log in using the newpassword, with the same error code that i have attempted too many times to sign in.PLEASE HELP to unblock my account. i've got too many important stuffs inside.

Pankaj

Oct 1, 2010, 6:11:07 AM10/1/10
Its been a week now, my ID is locked.

Just nothing seems to have working.

I seen to be giving wrong answer to the secret question too.

Is there any numbers where i can call and get my hotmail free acount back

pank...@hotmail.com

Alternate is : panka...@gmail.com

Someone please help

ASP.NET HttpPostedFile Image Resizer
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/ba8d2418-6d67-40f7-989c-e90688058778/aspnet-httppostedfile-image-resizer.aspx

Peter Foldes

Oct 1, 2010, 11:53:23 AM10/1/10
> Is there any numbers where i can call and get my hotmail free acount back

Did you read my post just above. Sheeeesh

--
Peter

http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Pankaj" <panka...@gmail.com> wrote in message

...winston

Oct 2, 2010, 3:14:27 AM10/2/10
Account Recovery and Security
http://windowslivehelp.com/solutions.aspx?categoryid=d48f9d16-5f7a-49bb-b235-99d827bc7649

No one in this forum can provide support for a Hotmail account.
No phone numbers are available for Hotmail support.

The above link and the Windows Live Solution Center (Hotmail category) is your only option short of creating a new account.

--
...winston
ms-mvp mail