MyMSN Home Page

Uncle Sky

Oct 5, 2011, 9:58:43 PM10/5/11
I have had the same modules on my MyMSN Home Page for some time. I liked it
and it had all I wanted to see when I logged on each day.

Several days ago I noticed that some of the modules were not updating as
they should. The news hadn't changed for several days.

I deleted those modules that didn't seem to be working and added some new
ones. The new ones seemed to be better and worked fine for a couple of
days.

Two days ago I logged on and got a notice that my home page was not
available and I should try later. After being on for a while i went back
and it was fine.

Today I logged on and my home page is different. The local weather and some
of the local news modules are gone. I tried going to the add content site
but could not find the missing modules.

I went to the MSN home page and found some of the info I used to have on my
page was there but from a different source.

What the devil is going on? Have they modified our MyMSN Home Pages? Is
there a fix? Do I have to go to the main MSN home page as well as my own
home page to see what I want now?

Heeeeelllpp! (please)

--
Uncle Sky

StephenB

Oct 6, 2011, 6:05:12 AM10/6/11
Hi, Uncle Sky.
First I should note that this newsgroup and all of the old Microsoft.public.
groups only exist on servers that disregard the remove group message. They are
not widely propagated. Microsoft no longer hosts the newsgroups.
For MSN support and discussion there is a web forum:
http://answers.msn.com
For Hotmail and other Windows Live issues:
http://windowslivehelp.com

That said, I rarely use the My MSN pages, but I just logged into mine and it is
available and looks pretty much like it did the last time I looked. I did't
check on the news content, but do suspect that some modules are outdated on my
page.
I can't explain what you may be running into, but it sounds like an issue on the
back end with your account (LiveID) and/or an issue with locally cached content
on your side coupled with timing.
You might try resetting your web browser to defaults and/or clearing the
temporary Internet files and cookies. In IE8/9, you can go to Tools/Internet
Options/Advanced and click a button to do that in one fell swoop.
Otherwise, post to the forum above for assistance.
-steve
Stephen Boots
MVP Windows Live
Windows Live OneCare/Live Mesh/MSE Forums Moderator
sbo...@mvps.org

Uncle Sky

Oct 7, 2011, 9:35:13 AM10/7/11
I still don't understand what happened, but the original MyMSN home page
has returned with the modules I had selected. It must have been a tech prob
with msn.

--
Uncle Sky