The queue does not exist or you do not have sufficient permissions to perform the operation.

alexandr...@gmail.com

Nov 8, 2013, 9:02:15 AM11/8/13
Hello,

On Windows 7 with .NET 4.0 I have the following code in a VB.NET Windows Form:

Private Sub Button2_Click(sender As System.Object, e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button2.Click
Try
Dim q As New MessageQueue(".\private$\b")
q.Send("a")
MsgBox("ok")
Catch ex As Exception
MsgBox(ex.Message)
End Try
End Sub

A System.Messaging.MessageQueueException is thrown on the line:
q.Send("a")
with the message:
The queue does not exist or you do not have sufficient permissions to perform the operation.

When I create this queue in Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Computer Management/Services and Applications/Message Queueing/Private Queues, then this code works correctly.

Is it not possible to create a message queue from VB.NET?
Do I have to create them manually, before they are used in VB.NET?