Peformance counter Incoming Messages/sec is always zero

evan....@gmail.com

Mar 14, 2016, 12:33:45 PM3/14/16
Hello All,

I'm interested in monitoring a specific queue to know if messages are leaving the queue.

Looking at the performance counters, I can see there are counters on the service and session for incoming / outgoing messages per second. I did not see a counter for a specific queue. Is this correct?

I used perfmon to watch the number of messages in the queue, and Service:Incoming Messages/second. I can see the number of messages grow and shrink as I expect. But the Service:Incoming Messages/second is always 0. Looking at the graph, I estimate the arrival/departure rate is under 1 message per-second. I scaled the counter by 10,000 and still saw no change.

Is there something that must be configured for MSMQ to update this counter?

Evan R.