Chatpad + PC Xbox Controller - how to emulate keyboard and mouse?

joepa

Oct 25, 2007, 7:46:01 AM10/25/07
Hello - I have recently purchased the new Xbox Messenger (chatpad) and the PC
wireless Xbox Controller. Seeking a way to get this to emulate my keyboard
and mouse on the PC. Would be a tremendous help to me (who sit on my fat
butt all day long).

XZ3R0

Nov 11, 2007, 2:56:00 PM11/11/07
As far as i know MS hasn't made chatpad drivers for the pc, which is a shame
because i bought it for the same reason as you. But there is a number of 3rd
party programs that let you set the keystroke for each button, program i use
is called ControlMK. I don't know if its the best or not, just one i found.
MS need to make drivers for the chatpad and their own program to assign the
keys to the controller.

chanchaplapla

Nov 20, 2007, 4:29:01 PM11/20/07
So... are the buttons of the chatpad recognigzed as standard joystick buttons
on Windows? I mean, when you plug in the chatpad is the whole controller sort
of a gamepad with 10X buttons?

Thanks.

"XZ3R0" wrote:

> As far as i know MS hasn't made chatpad drivers for the pc, which is a shame
> because i bought it for the same reason as you. But there is a number of 3rd
> party programs that let you set the keystroke for each button, program i use
> is called ControlMK. I don't know if its the best or not, just one i found.

> MS need to make andrivers for the chatpad d their own program to assign the

MJB_UK

Jan 2, 2008, 2:49:01 PM1/2/08
No, unfortunately Windows only sees button presses from the joypad and
recognises the sound port on the chatpad. The chatpad is effectively dead
weight. Microsoft said drivers would be avaiable but have failed to produce
again.

Please email Microsft Tech support and request the drivers. Maybe after a
few thousand complaints, they might finish them for us poor PC users.

yg

Jan 6, 2008, 7:08:00 PM1/6/08
welll, the packaging still states that this works on pc media centers...
so... maybe MS just needs another HUGE LAWSUIT to get this going? MS wake
up... you are FALSE ADVERTISING!

yg

Jan 6, 2008, 7:16:01 PM1/6/08
actually, i just read all of your posts... seems that we have enough people
here to start a LAWSUIT against microsoft. anyone game? if so... lets do
something about it... at least start something up... cuz they will listen
before it goes to court... since they would lose for false advertising ;)

Nihls

Apr 7, 2008, 2:28:01 PM4/7/08
I want chat pad too, in the mean time here is a viable solution, expensive,
but it works with xp and vista.
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/keyboards/keyboard/devices/3848&cl=us,en

Nihls

Apr 7, 2008, 2:30:01 PM4/7/08

NaRu7o

Apr 21, 2008, 4:37:31 PM4/21/08
has anyone tried using the chatpad on a "Games for Windows" app? i think
that's what they meant when they put "on Xbox LIVE® and Windows-based
PCs"....if anyone has any luck then maybe that can be a start to reverse
engineering the drivers....

adamsinger77

Apr 27, 2008, 3:46:00 PM4/27/08
tried it with hellgatelondon and got nothing

NaRu7o

Apr 27, 2008, 9:21:00 PM4/27/08
well is it an OFFICIAL "games for windows" game....cause if it's not then
it's typical that you wouldn't be able to use it in hellgatelondon

adamsinger77

Apr 28, 2008, 1:17:00 AM4/28/08
it is a games for windows game... but i relised it doesnt have support for
the controller so i tried lost planet and that doesn't work. also i tried tf2
and still nothing. no i know tf2 is not a GFW but it does support the
controller. but lost planet is a GFW but still nothing. my friend also tried
halo 2 and shadowrun and both microsoft games and both GFW still nothing so i
take it there is no support for this thing!

NaRu7o

Apr 30, 2008, 10:17:30 PM4/30/08
hmm....well if anyone has a 360 and an xna membership, they could try out a
workaround program that enables support without using any drivers....here's
the url http://a3w.ivory.ne.jp/softwares/xpcc_en.html

LeviLonghorn

May 18, 2008, 2:56:00 PM5/18/08

it doesnt work for Games For Windows Titles. Tried it on Halo 2...nothing.
Thats as official as you can get. didnt work in the halo 2 game lobby, or
when sending messages over live with the games for windows live dashboard.

start a lawsuit guys! i wasted my money...cost £22 in the uk! (HMV store).
well its dead weight until i get an xbox 360.

LeviLonghorn

May 21, 2008, 4:53:01 AM5/21/08
1. packaging does NOT say it works on media centre pc's

2. packaging doesnt say it works on PC'S at all

3. the confusion is this line "lets xbox 360 users istant message with
friends on windows live messenger" and this line on the website "Chatting
with friends and family on Xbox LIVE® and Windows-based PCs is easy using the
Xbox 360 Messenger Kit." they both mean you can chat to people who are on
their windows pc's on messenger via your xbox 360. Thus you, on your pc with
the chat pad, can interact with people who are on their pc. (to be honest
they could of added Mac and Mobile phones to that statement becasue that
works since messenger is on both i chat to my friends on xbox via my windows
mobile phone sometimes when im on the go).

4. it is not false advertisement as the above has been clarrified by me.

5. Microsoft need to make drivers nonetheless, the chatpad is as useful on
the console as it is on the pc. people do not want to constantly pud their
pad down an then type on their keyboard then quickly pic up their pad to
quickly find that they have been shot in Halo 2 for example. happend many a
time.

6. i made the same mistake thingking it would work on pc. very dissapointed
with my purchase...allthough i have a headset now at least.

LeviLonghorn

May 21, 2008, 5:01:01 AM5/21/08
I have tried it on Halo 2 vista. This is a Games For Windows LIVE game. (it
mus t me a games for windows LIVE game..not just a Games For Windows game).

it doesnt work, the headphones do work plugged into it tho. the chatpad
doesnt even light up. its dead weight like someone said.

matthewroberts

Feb 24, 2010, 11:19:04 AM2/24/10
If you can give me all of the data and files associated with this I can see if I can't start reverse engineering but you might want to keep a copy of everything until I am through.

NaRu7 wrote:

has anyone tried using the chatpad on a "Games for Windows" app?

21-Apr-08

has anyone tried using the chatpad on a "Games for Windows" app? i think

that's what they meant when they put "on Xbox LIVE?? and Windows-based

PCs"....if anyone has any luck then maybe that can be a start to reverse
engineering the drivers....

"joepa" wrote:

On Thursday, October 25, 2007 7:46 AM
joep wrote:

Chatpad + PC Xbox Controller - how to emulate keyboard and mouse?

Hello - I have recently purchased the new Xbox Messenger (chatpad) and the PC
wireless Xbox Controller. Seeking a way to get this to emulate my keyboard
and mouse on the PC. Would be a tremendous help to me (who sit on my fat
butt all day long).

On Sunday, November 11, 2007 2:56 PM
XZ3R wrote:

As far as i know MS hasn't made chatpad drivers for the pc, which is a shame
As far as i know MS hasn't made chatpad drivers for the pc, which is a shame
because i bought it for the same reason as you. But there is a number of 3rd
party programs that let you set the keystroke for each button, program i use
is called ControlMK. I don't know if its the best or not, just one i found.

MS need to make drivers for the chatpad and their own program to assign the
keys to the controller.

"joepa" wrote:

On Tuesday, November 20, 2007 4:29 PM
chanchaplapl wrote:

So...

So... are the buttons of the chatpad recognigzed as standard joystick buttons
on Windows? I mean, when you plug in the chatpad is the whole controller sort
of a gamepad with 10X buttons?

Thanks.

"XZ3R0" wrote:

On Wednesday, January 02, 2008 2:49 PM
MJB_U wrote:

No, unfortunately Windows only sees button presses from the joypad and
No, unfortunately Windows only sees button presses from the joypad and
recognises the sound port on the chatpad. The chatpad is effectively dead
weight. Microsoft said drivers would be avaiable but have failed to produce
again.

Please email Microsft Tech support and request the drivers. Maybe after a
few thousand complaints, they might finish them for us poor PC users.

On Sunday, January 06, 2008 7:08 PM
y wrote:

welll, the packaging still states that this works on pc media centers... so...
welll, the packaging still states that this works on pc media centers...
so... maybe MS just needs another HUGE LAWSUIT to get this going? MS wake
up... you are FALSE ADVERTISING!

"MJB_UK" wrote:

On Sunday, January 06, 2008 7:16 PM
y wrote:

actually, i just read all of your posts...
actually, i just read all of your posts... seems that we have enough people
here to start a LAWSUIT against microsoft. anyone game? if so... lets do
something about it... at least start something up... cuz they will listen
before it goes to court... since they would lose for false advertising ;)

"yg" wrote:

On Sunday, February 03, 2008 1:53 PM
ming wrote:

Mr.
Mr. Microsoft,

I purchased my XBOX 360 chatpad thinking it would be compatible with my
WinXP controller receiver, but unfortunately it does not work under its
current configuration. Please release some updated drivers for the device so
we can use the chatpad within WinXP/Vista and not only with the XBOX360.
Thank-you,

Tim

"joepa" wrote:

On Saturday, February 23, 2008 6:34 AM
Skar wrote:

I don't no why, but I fell into same trap assuming that because my other
I don't no why, but I fell into same trap assuming that because my other
xbox360 peripherals worked so nicely with my PC, so would the chatpad.

Wireless guitar, a wired and 2 non wired pads with the wireless pc attachment.

But of course, it doesn't work with chatpad (I find, only AFTER getting it
home).

I add my request also to have drivers for this in windows.

I don't even care if the buttons just detect as joypad buttons and don't
send the actual keys, at least then I can remap them using a 3rd party
program.

Ryan Marshall

On Monday, April 07, 2008 2:28 PM
Nihl wrote:

I want chat pad too, in the mean time here is a viable solution, expensive,
I want chat pad too, in the mean time here is a viable solution, expensive,
but it works with xp and vista.
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/keyboards/keyboard/devices/3848&cl=us,en

"joepa" wrote:

On Monday, April 07, 2008 2:30 PM
Nihl wrote:

RE: Chatpad + PC Xbox Controller - how to emulate keyboard and mouse?
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/keyboards/keyboard/devices/3848&cl=us,en

"joepa" wrote:

On Monday, April 21, 2008 4:37 PM
NaRu7 wrote:

has anyone tried using the chatpad on a "Games for Windows" app?
has anyone tried using the chatpad on a "Games for Windows" app? i think

that's what they meant when they put "on Xbox LIVE?? and Windows-based

PCs"....if anyone has any luck then maybe that can be a start to reverse
engineering the drivers....

"joepa" wrote:

On Sunday, April 27, 2008 3:46 PM
adamsinger7 wrote:

RE: Chatpad + PC Xbox Controller - how to emulate keyboard and mou

tried it with hellgatelondon and got nothing

"NaRu7o" wrote:

On Sunday, April 27, 2008 9:21 PM
NaRu7 wrote:

well is it an OFFICIAL "games for windows" game....

well is it an OFFICIAL "games for windows" game....cause if it is not then
it is typical that you would not be able to use it in hellgatelondon

"adamsinger77" wrote:

On Monday, April 28, 2008 1:17 AM
adamsinger7 wrote:

it is a games for windows game...
it is a games for windows game... but i relised it doesnt have support for
the controller so i tried lost planet and that doesn't work. also i tried tf2
and still nothing. no i know tf2 is not a GFW but it does support the
controller. but lost planet is a GFW but still nothing. my friend also tried
halo 2 and shadowrun and both microsoft games and both GFW still nothing so i
take it there is no support for this thing!

"NaRu7o" wrote:

On Wednesday, April 30, 2008 10:17 PM
NaRu7 wrote:

hmm....

hmm....well if anyone has a 360 and an xna membership, they could try out a
workaround program that enables support without using any drivers....here's
the url http://a3w.ivory.ne.jp/softwares/xpcc_en.html

"adamsinger77" wrote:

On Sunday, May 18, 2008 2:56 PM
LeviLonghor wrote:

it doesnt work for Games For Windows Titles. Tried it on Halo 2...nothing.
it doesnt work for Games For Windows Titles. Tried it on Halo 2...nothing.
Thats as official as you can get. didnt work in the halo 2 game lobby, or
when sending messages over live with the games for windows live dashboard.

start a lawsuit guys! i wasted my money...cost ??22 in the uk! (HMV store).

well its dead weight until i get an xbox 360.

"NaRu7o" wrote:

On Wednesday, May 21, 2008 4:53 AM
LeviLonghor wrote:

[...]

"yg" wrote:

On Wednesday, May 21, 2008 5:01 AM
LeviLonghor wrote:

I have tried it on Halo 2 vista. This is a Games For Windows LIVE game.
I have tried it on Halo 2 vista. This is a Games For Windows LIVE game. (it
mus t me a games for windows LIVE game..not just a Games For Windows game).

it doesnt work, the headphones do work plugged into it tho. the chatpad
doesnt even light up. its dead weight like someone said.

"NaRu7o" wrote:

DataContractSerializer Basics
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/ad947ce6-cd3e-4647-b69c-94d2f3b1b265/datacontractserializer-ba.aspx

kademarkoux

Feb 26, 2010, 10:22:02 PM2/26/10
I can help also but also let me point out as stated before there is no viable lawsuit here simply because the media center and such they are talking about is already included on the 360 console so unfortunately we have no info to create such a charge.

Anyways...

As stated above me if I can just figure out how to get the damn Tech Data from the CHATPAD or if someone can help me figure it out then I can co-op with someone else to help to create a workable driver for the damn thing since MS is too lazy to do so in the first place...which is very sad.

Matthew Roberts wrote:

hey I can try to help...
24-Feb-10

If you can give me all of the data and files associated with this I can see if I can't start reverse engineering but you might want to keep a copy of everything until I am through.

Sending SMTP email from within BizTalk Orchestration
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/9dd0f346-baf9-4674-a50f-1716445b26bc/sending-smtp-email-from-w.aspx

feart...@gmail.com

Jun 23, 2013, 10:23:01 PM6/23/13
I realize this topic is very old, but I did find something. I'll post a reply in case someone else ends up here:

https://code.google.com/p/chatpad-super-driver/wiki/GettingStarted

Someone has made a chatpad driver, although it only works for WIRED controllers, not wireless. Still, I suppose that's better than nothing.

feart...@gmail.com

Jun 23, 2013, 10:43:30 PM6/23/13
Also, there is an alpha driver for wireless.
http://bit.ly/wirelessalpha

sout...@gmail.com

Sep 2, 2013, 11:25:06 AM9/2/13