Wireless Keyboard 3000 & Mouse 5000 receivers specific to devices?

Price@discussions.microsoft.com Jeff Price

Apr 29, 2010, 3:29:01 PM4/29/10
I have the Wireless Desktop 3000 package and lost the mouse and receiver. I
bought a Wireless Mouse 5000 hoping to use the receiver that came with it to
interface with both the KB 3000 and the Mouse 5000. However it only seems to
see the mouse. I alos tried anotehr WD 3000 receiver and it doesn't work
with teh KB or mouse.

Do the receivers only work with the devices they were packaged with?

Thanks.

Beverly Howard

Apr 29, 2010, 4:06:22 PM4/29/10
The 5000 is bluetooth... pretty sure the 3000 is not BT, so, the
"wireless" types are not at all related.

_IF_ the 3000 is bluetooth, they can both use the same BT connection to
the PC... internal or dongle.

Beverly Howard

Jeff Price

Apr 29, 2010, 6:21:01 PM4/29/10
They both use the small USB 2.4Ghz receivers. The Wireless desktop 3000 came
with one of those that handled both KB & mouse. I'me wodnering if each
receivre is specifically paired with one KB, one mopuse, or both, since I
can't seem to get a receiver that talks to one to talk to the other (or
another device of the same type even.)

Beverly Howard

Apr 29, 2010, 6:39:33 PM4/29/10
hmmmmmmmmmm.... just looked and there are at least _four_ microsoft
wireless mice with the designation "5000"

I have to withdraw my bluetooth observations unless your mouse has
either a bluetooth icon or the word bluetooth someone on the mouse.

Sorry for the confusion,
Beverly Howard

Mark

Apr 30, 2010, 11:51:26 AM4/30/10
These devices are paired with their transceiver. So unfortunately there is
no way to "resych" it to a different transceiver.

-Mark

"Jeff Price" <Jeff...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

tiago-is...@hotmail.com

May 21, 2014, 9:53:10 AM5/21/14
It IS possible to resync them, but you have to reprogram the channel of the receiver mouse and keyboard, the RF IC used by the mouse and receiver is the nRF24l01, which, if you have electronics knowledge, you can easily reprogram it to run on any channel from 2.4GHz all the way up to 2.4835GHz.