Microsoft LifeCam Show 2.0 - Initialization Error

becs11

Feb 17, 2010, 11:47:01 PM2/17/10
I've had this webcam for a couple months and was working originaly when I
installed it back then. Barely used it, and now that I want to use it, it's
coming up with initialization error. I've tried all the troubleshooting
advice on the support site, I've restarted, uninstalled and then reinstalled,
tried different USB points, checked nothing was interferring with the
programme. It's very odd, as it was working and now it's not which makes me
thing the webcam is broken and/or faulty, and it's not my computer. Any
thoughts or ideas?

Mark

Feb 18, 2010, 11:45:47 AM2/18/10
Have you tried all of the steps in Microsoft KB 933311:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933311 ?

Since it was working previously, what else changed/happened prior to it
failing to work?

-Mark

"becs11" <bec...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

sharif...@gmail.com

Oct 12, 2013, 8:51:19 PM10/12/13
My solution was different and very odd.....
before i say what i did i want to say what operating system i am using : windows 7 ultimate 64bit
what i did was i went to the properties of lifecam.exe and went to compatibility mode and changed it to windows 7 even though i was using windows 7 odd........
and why i wrote this on a solved thread is because its for the other people like me looking for a solution when the others didn't work and for the people who found this useful you're welcome

sharif...@gmail.com

Oct 12, 2013, 8:52:02 PM10/12/13
On Thursday, 18 February 2010 07:47:01 UTC+3, becs11 wrote:
My solution was different and very odd.....
before i say what i did i want to say what operating system i am using : windows 7 ultimate 64bit
what i did was i went to the properties of lifecam.exe and went to compatibility mode and changed it to windows 7 even though i was using windows 7 odd........
and why i wrote this on a solved thread is because its for the other people like me looking for a solution when the others didn't work and for the people who found this useful you're welcome
and i wrote this in few other places as well so that it's easy to find