LifeCam VX6000

thegreatrobble

Dec 13, 2007, 9:14:04 AM12/13/07
After three months of using my LifeCam VX6000, I can no longer record sound
without a "humming" sound, which completely distorts any audio. What gives?
Anybody else had this problem?

Bruce Scherzinger

Dec 19, 2007, 9:03:59 AM12/19/07

I've had this problem since I bought mine a year ago. I gave up on it
and no longer use the microphone on it. The video quality is fine. I
believe it is a driver problem because the audio was fine until right
after I updated the driver the first time. The driver update made the
video quality a lot better but ruined the mic audio. I exchanged the
thing twice (Best Buy) and got the same result with all three units.
Unless it was a bad batch, this is either a design flaw in the hardware
or a driver problem.

Microsoft has been useless in trying to resolve this problem. They've
told me to reposition the camera, move my speakers, use a headset,
etc... Everything but what would prove it's a driver issue. I just gave
up after a while. Haven't bought any other MS hardware since. Too bad...
I was thinking of getting a Zune.

Bruce Scherzinger

Dec 19, 2007, 9:05:06 AM12/19/07

Oh, actually my cam is a VX-3000. So it's not unique to the hardware.
Also, I am running XP and have tried it on both MCE and Pro. Same deal
on different computers.

Richard

Mar 8, 2008, 4:58:01 AM3/8/08
Same here: I've had the Lifecam VX6000 on XP nearly 8 months or so. I
initially had the distortion of sound problem and then it wasn't in sync
either. I managed to get it all working well - by luck I think because
Microsoft didn't have good support on this product at all. Microsoft wants a
$40 or £40 payment to investigate the problem. Anyway, it all worked well for
3 months or so, then I installed Bigsnap and later defragged my computer the
same day. Now it's back to the original problem - very good video but the
sound is heavily distorted again - despite me going into all the settings. It
was working before with exactly the same positioning of equipment so why on
earth would I need to reposition things now!!!
Richard

CapinWinky

Mar 3, 2010, 10:45:01 AM3/3/10
I just bought the vx-6000 and I'm having tons of sound issues. Noise
cancellation is listed as one of the features, but the white noise is very
loud compared to my voice from about 2ft away. The audio does not resume from
sleep either. I'm running win7x64, so that may be a factor. Face tracking is
not that great, but I'm pretty tan and I hear these cams are racist (joking,
but kinda true).

yuric...@gmail.com

Jul 21, 2015, 12:43:40 PM7/21/15
hfhfh