Help needed with MN-500 & CWP-854 WIRELESS-G PCI ADAPTER.

Jack

Jun 2, 2004, 11:26:02 AM6/2/04
Hi All,

I purchased a CWP-854 WIRELESS-G PCI
ADAPTER for use with my MN-500 Microsoft base
station.

My computer is running WinXP sp1.
I installed the software/driver from the CD that came
with the CWP-854 WIRELESS-G PCI ADAPTER.

The CWP-854 WIRELESS-G PCI ADAPTER utility says it is
connected but it is only transmitting and not
receiving.

The MN-500 will not assign the CWP-854 WIRELESS-G PCI
ADAPTER an IP address in DCHP mode.

If I use a static IP address for the CWP-854
WIRELESS-G PCI ADAPTER the MN-500 base station still
will not allow it into the network.

The CWP-854 WIRELESS-G PCI ADAPTER's link status is
100%, and signal strength varies if I move it further
from or closer to the MN-500 base station. Even with
100% signal strength the CWP-854 WIRELESS-G PCI
ADAPTER is not allowed onto the network.

I have also tried using the Microsoft Broadband
Network Utility and when I open it is shows 11Mbps
then immediately goes to 'No Connection' & 'No
Signal'.

Thinking this is a security miscommunication I tried
the various security options or no securtiy in setting
up the MN-500. I tried a firmware update to the MN-500
but that made no difference to the problem.

I am not using a WEP keycode. I have tried using 64bit
WEP, 128bit WEP, and no WEP. I have turned power off
the MN-500, reset the MN-500, and still the CWP-854
WIRELESS-G PCI ADAPTER shows connection to the network
but cannot access the Internet or the other 2
computers on the network.

My MN-500 is connected to a Westell 2200 xdsl modem,
with a computer wired to the MN-500, and another
computer using an MN-730 wireless pci adapter.

Is the CWP-854 WIRELESS-G PCI ADAPTER incompatible
with the MN-500 or WinXP sp1, both, or is there some
solution to this problem?

Your help in resolving this issue is greatly
appreciated.

Have a good day,
Jack

jones.v...@gmail.com

Oct 5, 2012, 6:18:52 PM10/5/12
Dear Business Partners,

Consultants Available Immediately....
Datastage Administrator / SAP consultant / .Net developer... Who are looking for projects only in MN!!
Name: Sambireddy
Skills: Datastage Administrator
Location: MN
Availability: Immediately
Visa Status: H1B
Communication Skills: Excellent
Name: Suresh
Skills: SAP Functional
Current Location: MN
Preferred Location: MN, IL, IA
Availability: Immediately
Visa Status: H1B
Communication: Excellent
Name: Viji Kandasamy
Skills: .Net Developer
Location: MN
Availability: Immediately
Visa Status: H1B
Communication Skills: Excellent

Thanks & Regards,

Chris Jones | Vajraasys Limited
601 Carlson Pkwy| Suite 1050| Minnetonka, MN 55305
Tel: (952) 583 9293(Direct)|
Email: cjo...@vajraasys.com | www.vajraasys.com

jones.v...@gmail.com

Oct 5, 2012, 6:19:12 PM10/5/12