Problems calling a .NET Web Service with Basic Authentication from

mguille

Jun 7, 2009, 12:11:01 PM6/7/09
Greetings,

I'm having problems when disabling the anonimous access of my Web Service.
It has Basic Authentication over SSL.

This is my code:

Dim SoapClient As New SoapClient30

SoapClient.MSSoapInit "URL"
SoapClient.ConnectorProperty("AuthUser") = "USU"
SoapClient.ConnectorProperty("AuthPassword") = "PSW"

Like that, I get the following error:

WSDLReader:XML Parser failed at linenumber 0, lineposition 0, reason is:
Access is denied.
HRESULT=0x1: Incorrect function.
- WSDLReader:Loading of the WSDL file failed HRESULT=0x80070057: The
parameter is incorrect.
- Client:One of the parameters supplied is invalid. HRESULT=0x80070057: The
parameter is incorrect.

If I try to access the Web Service from Internet Explorer, it ask me for
user and password, but if put the line
"SoapClient.ConnectorProperty("AuthUser")" before the MSSoapInit, I get the
following error:

Client:Soap client is not initialized. HRESULT=0x80040007: Uninitialized
object.

What can I do to access my Web Service with Basic Authentication?

Many thanks and regards,

MARIO GRANZELLA