MS Money 2001 Version 9 problem

Alaric

Apr 18, 2015, 8:35:06 AM4/18/15
I have used MSMoney 2001 Version 9 for many years past without any problems.
Recently however, I have noticed that if I have (say) an Income entry
categorised and sub-categorised as "Interest - XXX Bank" it does not appear
in the Income & Expenditure Report despite the report having been customised
to include it. Likewise, a credit selected from the Menu as a "Dividend" is
not included whereas if it is entered as "Other Income : Dividend" it does
get included"

I wonder if anyone else has experienced anything like this and has found a
way of getting round the problem. I know it is very old software but I
should like
to stick with it.

Alaric

Cal Learner

Jun 1, 2015, 10:57:12 AM6/1/15
In microsoft.public.money, Alaric wrote:

>I wonder if anyone else has experienced anything like this and has found a
>way of getting round the problem. I know it is very old software but I
>should like
>to stick with it.

I am using a newer version, and I could not find an explanation. In
customizing the report, I would tick the 4 boxes at the bottom of
the Category tab to see if that helps.

You could try a different report to see if the missing transactions
show in those.

Note there is a forum for Microsoft Money that is more active than
this group:
https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=money

You would need to create a Microsoft ID and probably use IE.

Alaric

Jun 22, 2015, 2:43:18 AM6/22/15
Dear Cal,

My apologies for not having responded sooner to your suggestion to tick the
four boxes at the bottom of the Category tab. I had always had the first
three boxes ticked and had ticked the Transfers box temporarily. However,
that made no difference. At one point I uninstalled the program then
reinstalled it but to no avail.

It is all very disappointing as I have obviously been using the program for
so many years past and, having looked at many other personal finance
software programs recently, it still seems to lead the field.

By the way, it was like "a blast from the past" to see that the only
response I received to my query came from yourself. In earlier days I recall
your regular and informative contributions to the US and UK support groups
and the fact that you are still in full flow is to be commended.

With my kindest regards,

Alaric.

"Cal Learner" wrote in message