The MOM Server failed to open service control manager on computer.

ShipUPride

Jan 30, 2008, 8:21:01 AM1/30/08
When installing the MOM Agent for SCOM 2007 I get the following:

The MOM Server failed to open service control manager on computer
MCBDC0.DOMAIN.COM
Therefore, the MOM Server cannot complete configuration of agent on the
computer.
Operation: Agent Install
Install account: DOMAIN\SCOMADMIN
Error Code: 80070005
Error Description: Access is denied.

---

The SCOMADMIN account is a member of the domain administrators group.

MCBDC0 is a Domain Controller

DC0 was running MOM 2005 with the AD Pack. I have uninstalled both manually
thinking that it was the previous version of MOM that was causing the problem.

I've attempted the installation of the SCOM agent using Local System Account
as well as this Domain Adminsitrator Account.

I've been able to install the Agent on 50 other servers in our domain, but
none of the DC's seem to allow me to install on them.

Anyone have any ideas??

Anders Bengtsson

Jan 30, 2008, 4:23:39 PM1/30/08
Hi ShipUPride,

Are you running the installation (discovery wizard) with a account that is
domain administrator? Have you configure the agent to use local system as
action account? Do you have a local firewall or antivirus? Do you have a
group policy object that restric services to run on your domain controllers?

-----
Regards
Anders Bengtsson
Microsoft MVP - MOM
http://www.contoso.se

S> 80070005

Najeeb Khan

Nov 10, 2010, 5:14:42 AM11/10/10
HI
Please verify the following.

1.Verify SCOM agent push account is in Local Administrators group on target computer.

2. On Domain controllers will have to work with AD team to install agent manually if agent push account is not a domain admin.

3. Disable McAfee antivirus during push

>> Submitted via EggHeadCafe
>> Using the ASP.NET CustomValidator Control
>> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/e622d48f-2787-4906-b97f-1ef8037a688f/using-the-aspnet-customvalidator-control.aspx

Najeeb Khan

Nov 10, 2010, 5:15:05 AM11/10/10
HI ShipUPrid