Management Pack failed to execute the database monitoring script

Parthipan

Oct 7, 2008, 1:45:01 AM10/7/08

For one of the clustered SQL instance MOM is generating the following alert,

The "Microsoft Operations Manager" management pack failed to execute the MOM
Database State Monitoring script successfully. The following error event was
returned "Unable to create automation object 'SQLDMO.SQLServer'". The
following additional error details were returned "". Please refer to the
events associated with this alert to view the computers that have experienced
this problem.

As per the MS forum

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.mom.managementpack.sql&tid=f2d97309-cc23-4dec-8496-9ca7c2d7c93b&cat=en_US_4ca59556-9b3d-4558-ae24-800874bcaeeb&lang=en&cr=US&sloc=&p=1

is that the alert may generate if SQL_DMO client components are not
installed in SQL server.

But in our SQL instance DC01SQLC03\SQL_INST3 the SQL_DMO client components
already exists and installed.

In addition the product knowledge information of MOM states the cause as

Causes :

1) Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) is not available.
2) The script tried to perform an action that the Action Account did not
have sufficient privileges to perform.

But in our server WMI service is up and running fine and service account is
local system account as other SQL servers.

Please advice why this alert is getting generated and is there any problem
with this alert.

TCRavn

Oct 11, 2008, 9:45:00 AM10/11/08
are you running the SQL on x64, I am running mom on x64, it is not supported,
same error.

--
br
Thomas Chr. Ravn

Parthipan

Oct 11, 2008, 1:27:01 PM10/11/08
Hi Thomas,

No...The SQL server is 32 bit SQL server 2000 with SP4...

The MOM server is also running in 32 bit windows 2003 server.

BR,
Parthipan.S