Need some modification in SQL Server 2005 Block Analysis Script

André Schneickert

Jul 1, 2008, 5:16:02 AM7/1/08
Hello,

I would like to modify the SQL Server 2005 Block Analysis Script to show
more information when it throws an alert.

The original description looks like this:

The program <program_name> has been blocked for <waittime> minutes on
database <name> in the SQL instance <sInstance>. The defined acceptable
blocking threshold is <iWaitInMinutes> minute(s). <program_name> is running
resource id is <Waitresource>.

I would like to add information about the blocking process, like loginame,
hostname and program_name of the blocking process.

Has someone already done this?
I'm no SQL expert, so my own attempts of modifying the script have been
fruitless so far.

Regards,
André