SCOM 2007 SQL Server Engine not discovered on 64 bit

Ken

Jan 28, 2009, 10:35:11 AM1/28/09
The SCOM Console is not discovering the SQL 2005 Engine on 2 nodes in a SQL
cluster of a 64 bit environment.

I found a solution to resolve an event error seen in the Operations log with
respect to a counter DTSPipeline not being resolved.

Error ->
"In PerfDataSource, could not resolve counter SQLServer:SSIS Pipeline, Rows
written"

We unloaded and loaded the DTSPipeline counter using 32-bit since the 64-bit
version was not available.
cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\90\DTS\Binn

unlodctr dtspipeline

lodctr dtsperf.ini

Can you help me find the download for the 64-bit version of the dtspipeliine
counter so I can unload and load it?

It looks like the command ran fine but it did not resolve the issue to
discover the SQL 2005 Engines via the SCOM console since we used the 32-bit
extensible counter DLL DTSPipeline in a 64-bit environment.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Perflib
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1021
Date: 1/28/2009
Time: 8:09:38 AM
User: N/A
Computer: Database Server
Windows cannot open the 32-bit extensible counter DLL DTSPipeline in a
64-bit environment. Contact the file vendor to obtain a 64-bit version.
Alternatively, you can open the 32-bit extensible counter DLL by using the
32-bit version of Performance Monitor. To use this tool, open the Windows
folder, open the Syswow64 folder, and then start Perfmon.exe.

Thank you,
Ken