SCOM07 SQL Agent Jobs

Romker

Oct 29, 2007, 7:04:00 AM10/29/07
Hi all!

In SCOM 07, my "SQL Agent Job State" view is empty, but we have a number of
Jobs on our SQL servers. What can I do, to discover and monitor my SQL-jobs?

Yann Gainche [MVP MOM]

Oct 29, 2007, 12:49:07 PM10/29/07
> Hi all!
>
> In SCOM 07, my "SQL Agent Job State" view is empty, but we have a number of
> Jobs on our SQL servers. What can I do, to discover and monitor my SQL-jobs?

Hi

If I remember, the SQL Job discovery is disabled by default. You have
to create an override to enable it.

--
Yann Gainche

MVP - Windows Server System - MOM]
http://msmvps.com/blogs/opsmgr

SilloSyben

Feb 13, 2008, 10:08:01 AM2/13/08
I am having a similar issue. I created overrides to enable job discovery.
The DB engines are discovered however on some SQL instances, jobs are
discovered and others are not.

We wish to use the OpsMgr action account so we dont use the SQL profiles
from the MP. In a secure environment, do we need to grant permissions in
SQL? In a low-priv scenario, we would add the OpsMgr dbr account DBO to
msdb. We tried that and a few other combinations but it will not work.

Thank you

CJ

Jan 27, 2009, 4:03:02 PM1/27/09
"SilloSyben" wrote:
> I am having a similar issue. I created overrides to enable job discovery.
> The DB engines are discovered however on some SQL instances, jobs are
> discovered and others are not.
>
> We wish to use the OpsMgr action account so we dont use the SQL profiles
> from the MP. In a secure environment, do we need to grant permissions in
> SQL? In a low-priv scenario, we would add the OpsMgr dbr account DBO to
> msdb. We tried that and a few other combinations but it will not work.

Similar problem here too.
Good SQL Practise includes removing Builtin\Administrators account from the
database. However SCOM seems to require it to monitor some pieces. Have
found a few additional privs that have reduced the monitoring holes left by
Builtin\Admins being removed (such as granting "view server state" to the
action account) however haven't found the combination that makes agent jobs
show up in SCOM.
Have I missed some doucmentation?