Re: Discovery Wizhard does not discover my SQL nodes

Blake Mengotto [MVP]

Apr 15, 2009, 4:41:06 PM4/15/09
Have you imported the latest versions of these management packs? Two new
packs were released recently. Cluster just this past Friday and SQL was a
little bit before that.

--
Regards,
Blake

"Nitin" <Ni...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi We have a clustered environment, 4 node active - active cluster. When
> we
> run the discover wizhard, the SQL nodes do not get displayed.It populates
> the
> message stating that the account with which the discovery is being done
> does
> not have administrative privilages on the target machine. The accounts are
> member of the admin group on all nodes.
>
> We are currently running on SQL 2K5, SP2 and SCOM 2007 SP1.The SQL
> Server's
> management pack is also imported.
>
> SCOM is discovering the other SQL instances which are not a part of the
> cluster such as the DPM and RMS servers and collecting alerts from these
> boxes.
>
> Since we are not able to discover the SQL servers we have manually
> deployed
> the agents on the 4 nodes. Also verified that the respective ports SMB and
> 445 are open.
>
> The current issue is SCOM is not able to capture the alerts from these
> instances and nodes. We are able to see the nodes and the SQL instances
> installed on the cluster in the Monitoring --> Computers view without any
> issue.
>
> Has anyone come across this issues or knows what's misconfigured ...which
> is
> blocking the alert capturing..
>
> Thanks in advance

Nitin

Apr 15, 2009, 10:09:01 PM4/15/09
Yes we have imported the latest management packs and tried again but the
result is the same.

The only change done recently was the category of admnistration account of
SCOM was changed from domain - local to domain - global as we were looking
for extending SCOM monitoring acros domains.

Any further areas wehre in we could look into to further drill down the
problem?

thanks in advance..

Blake Mengotto [MVP]

Apr 16, 2009, 12:32:34 PM4/16/09
Sorry, I honestly don't know. I know there was some issue with clusters
with X number of resources, but I thought that was fixed. You might want to
post this in the opsmgr news groups instead of the MOM 2005 newsgrops..

microsoft.public.opsmgr.sql